Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Boris Bikes – a warning!
  • ibnchris

Not sure if anyone on here ever uses the Boris bikes, but if you do make sure you check your bank balance afterwards.

I took a bike out on Friday evening, cycled it from work to a pub 30mins away and docked it. Some sort of light went on so I assumed it was docked. This was before drinking so I’m pretty sure I didn’t abandon it somewhere!

Anyways, today I checked my bank account (it’s payday) and saw £150 had been taken out of my account. No letter, email or phone call, they just took the money out. When I called them they said they would refund it and it was because I must not have docked it properly. If you’re not a regular user I guess you wouldn’t know what’s docked and what’s not. So double check if you do use!

rattrap
    Free Member

It’ll be that Johnson bloke!

I heard he was a nasty piece of work…

qwerty
    Free Member

absolute piffle

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not sure if anyone on here ever uses the Boris bikes, but if you do make sure you check your bank balance afterwards. dock the bike properly and check the green light comes on. I didn’t and now I feel a bit of a wally, to be honest.

FTFY 😉

titusrider
    Free Member

Yeah you need to be careful but hey they have refunded you, which i nice of them. There are warnings saying make sure you dock it properly.

phinbob

Not sure if anyone on here ever uses the Boris bikes, but if you do make sure you check your bank balance afterwards.

Or alternatively make sure it’s properly docked….

ibnchris

Yeah, you’re right – should have checked. And double checked

Just a warning though since not everyone is as thorough as you chaps obviously are. Apparently 44% of their income came from these £150 fines so it seemed worth letting folk know.

easygirl

Thanks for the warning, will make sure to Double dock check if I use them 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

£150! you could buy a bike for that!

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

Do they do a 29er version ?

Northwind

ibnchris – Member

Apparently 44% of their income came from these £150 fines

43% now they’ve refunded you.

clubber
    Free Member

Or if you’re in Paris using a Velib on a work day, don’t assume that there will be somewhere to park it once you get to the centre of Paris, meaning that you go over the free 30 minutes and take an hour to find somewhere to park your and your OH’s one

🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Boris Bikes – a warning!’ is closed to new replies.