Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bonty Mud x 1.8 or 2.0?
  • gp
    Free Member

Hi,

Just about to purchase a pair of 1.8’s but not sure if they are a bit ott mud specific, as i’m not plkanning on riding through a constant stream of the the stuff…

The 1.8’s are presumably better at cutting into mud to find grip and have the ARC casing – but would the 2.0’s have more grip over roots, rocks and anywhere not so muddy?

Thanks

chiefgrooveguru

I have a 2.0″ and 1.8″ – I wish I’d got both as 2.0″. The 1.8″ are very low volume so lacking in cushioning when you hit rocks/roots/etc. So far I’ve managed to stick with my big non-mud tyres this autumn/winter but I very much enjoyed the Mud-X revelation last time round!

spikey
    Free Member

The 2.0 are spot on front and back fast rolling too. have a look here http://www.lexs.co.uk/Default.aspx?Product=Bontrager%20Mud%20X%20TLR%20Tyres&ProductId=20867

stooo
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2.0s on my 29er and they seem great all round tyres. Wouldn’t want thinner … Even on 29″ wheels

Mounty_73

I bought both 1.8 and 2.0 to try, I ended up buying another 2.0 as I thought the 1.8 was a little harsh.

gp
    Free Member

Brilliant, thanks all. I have just purchased a pair of 2.0’s

carlphillips
    Free Member

je james 1 for £20 oh and 2.0 is besterest

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bonty Mud x 1.8 or 2.0?’ is closed to new replies.