Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • boiled egg etiquette. …
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Morning,
    after eating a boiled egg it is customary to turn it over and break the bottom. From my childhood I was always told it was to stop the witches using them as boats, so I have continued this with minivader.. mrsvader thinks this is extremely silly……
    . So STW what’s the general consensus.
    Cheers

sadmadalan

Always do the same, got to keep the witches away

Drac

Not here no, if you do smash them the witches can’t sail away so hang around.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’ve never known why we do it, but always turn it over at the end, then take it’s top (bottom) off.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Bit dull here. We just eat the egg then chuck it away. I prefer your way though I might introduce it to the household.

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s pixies, not witches. Witches are the ones who steal your cats to use as squealy-gloves

mightymule
    Free Member

What are “squealy gloves”? They sound brilliant!

I have two cats………. 😈

theblackmount
    Free Member

Never heard of it – your Missus is correct.

slowoldman

Fairies I was told. Though why you would want to spoil a fairy’s fun by smashing up a potential boat was never explained. Now witches on the other hand…

thegreatape
    Free Member

CFH will be a long in due course to offer advice on the correct way to eat an egg. You get your money’s worth at these public schools you know.

maccruiskeen

after eating a boiled egg it is customary to turn it over and break the bottom

Wasted opportunity. The thing to do is to turn the empty shell upside down and put it in Minivader’s egg cup when they’re not looking. Oh how you’ll all laugh when you the littleun hits it with their spoon.

(minivader might find it funny or they might cry, but the rest of you will be laughing. Until you’re trying to get them to school and they’re still crying, then the joke wears off. Perhaps stick with plan A)

johndoh
    Free Member

Same here – witches. But we were told it was to stop them living in them.

aP
    Free Member

It’s to stop the witches sinking ships.

pictonroad

I’ve always done it, no witches have got to me yet.

Therefore, I conclude it works.

Can’t risk not doing it now.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, same here. Witches use them as boat to sail out and sink ships. We do it to save sailors lives. Even if your wife is right and it is silly, what’s wrong with silly?

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I thought the empty shell was for turning over in the cup to draw a funny face on.

daftvader
    Free Member

Cheers people. Has reafirmed that I was right all along… mrsvader says we are all daft! 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘boiled egg etiquette. …’ is closed to new replies.