Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • boardman pro conversion to stumpy evo
  • russ295
    Free Member

hi all,

just joined and after a bit of help/info.
    i have been riding a boardman pro ht for about a year and im thinking of
    upgrading to a full suspension frame, utilising the existing kit off my boardman.
    ive trawled the net and found a 2011 stumpy evo frame, (has pf30 bb so i dont need a new crankset) but im slightly concerned with my current forks being 120mm and the origonal evo having 150mm, will it make much difference?
    any other pitfall i have over looked?

thanks in advance

nickjb
    Free Member

It used to be pretty easy to swap stuff across but there’s a few new ‘standards’ now so it’s getting trickier (Tapered headsets, rear axle size, BBs spring to mind). If those are the same then it should be easy to do. Even then I think your fork will be a bit short. It’ll make the bike a bit less stable and much worse at going down-hill. It’ll climb better though.

russ295
    Free Member

Cheers Nick

Never gave the rear axle a thought.

cynic-al
    Free Member

the forks will make a difference, possibly too light/flexy as well as steepening your head angle.

dingabell
    Free Member

Definitely swap the forks out for 150mm ones. You’ll probably get a decent price for yours and can buy some second hand.

trailster
    Free Member

I would sell up and go finance a new stumpy/camber FSR or trek with a 12 month guarantee and lifetime warranty.

russ295
    Free Member

i think trailster is bang on,

had a good search and there are some great deals for full bikes (2012 models)

cheers

uwe-r
    Free Member

I would think a spesh camber is a much closer fit or maybe an older model Stumpy as well as the Trek equivalents might have been built around 120mm forks, might be worth some research? Cannondale rise 120 was a well respected bike.

You could get a bit of a list together of frames that were built around similar forks and then just look for a good one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘boardman pro conversion to stumpy evo’ is closed to new replies.