Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BMX Advice for Neighbour?
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Neighbour came round today, he’s an off road motorbike bloke, does events and stuff. He said he went to the Cycling Centre in Manchester and him and a mate had a go on the BMX track and loved it, he now fancies a BMX of his own to take there. He came to me knowing I was a keen cyclist, but I know nothing at all about BMX. I just said I’d put a post on here and see if anyone can help. He fancies a bike about £125 tops, nothing major just something for a few fun days out with his mates.

scunny
    Free Member

Hardly anything for that budget. If he does want a cheap bike to mess about on then point him in the direction of http://www.wpbracing.co.uk/mafiabikes/kush-1-0 there a various bikes on there for under £200. Nothing amazing but they look the part and could be a good base to upgrade if he gets into it.

twistedpencil

Try bmxtalk forum for second hand stuff. A proper track bike will cost a fair bit more but he might find a bargain. Something like an old Redline Proline might be within budget.

There’s wheel size to consider. 20 for twitchy fun, 24 for more stable riding.

Sizing will be important too! They range from micro to xxxl!

Loads of clubs around Manchester from Heywood to Bruntwood with Manchester in-between 🙂

nach
    Free Member

Custom Riders don’t have anything quite down to that budget, but they do usually have decent old stock at a discount.

sirromj

Why no front brake on those mafiabikes? A large part of my time spent on BMX was spent doing endos. What has the world come to if one can’t do an endo on a BMX? What sort of BMX would one look for to do endos?

twistedpencil

Race bikes don’t have front brakes, what do you need a brake for when pedalling flat out for 400m.

In fact a front brake is positively dangerous at the indoor!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BMX Advice for Neighbour?’ is closed to new replies.