Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bladder in a frame bag?
  • YoGrant
    Free Member

Just bought a Revelate Jones frame bag for my spaceframe with the intention of running a camelbak bladder in it with the hose up to the bars for hydration for general riding (not a bike packer). Will put other spares in there too to negate use of camelback, bottles and pockets. Can’t fit it ATM as the bike is in the back of the garage with our new, yet to be fitted kitchen in the way!
    Anyone do this already? Any issues? Does the bladder move about too much? Cheers.

timbur
    Free Member

Bloody stupid idea. You’ll be asking about power meters next. You’re not a blinkin triathlete!

😈

Chew
    Free Member

Wouldnt bother, its a pain.

Difficult to insert and remove if you need to fill it up.
    Also, as you cant tell how much is left in there, you’ll either not drink enough trying to not run out, or you’ll over drink and run out as you cant tell you’ve only 10% left miles from anywhere.

Partial frame bags and bottles work much better

dovebiker

Been using a hydration bladder in a framebag for a number of years – takes 2.5 litres in the space taken by 2 bottles (1.5l) -the tube exits out the front and secured by magnetic clip on the stem – far easier to drink on the go than faff around with bottles. I’ve found the old model Osprey LT ones to be best – clip-type ones are harder to fit. Means I can ride longer without needing to stop / worry about finding water. I use a 1.5L for shorter rides – still good for 6hrs

YoGrant
    Free Member

Can’t be more faff or not able to see the volume left than an actual camelbak. Dovebiker, that sounds more positive!

Tim, not going as far as triathlete bottle cage seat pack and straws but I’m enjoying no pack riding and want to ride further like that :0). But yes, my biggest issue is that I might look like a bit of a see you next Tuesday!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bladder in a frame bag?’ is closed to new replies.