Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Blacklist- VegiAlex
  • walla24
    Free Member

Still owes me parts paid for, also suspended from pinkbike.com something to do with taking money.
    Beware.
    😯

If this post saddens you, search for a post on lettuce 😛

PJ266
    Free Member

Well if we're doing this…

Wilkosworks/Paul Wilkinson – Failed to send me a front wheel after being paid. Cheers mate.

gee
    Free Member

I might know that last one – I think he might be based near me. Do you have an email address and more details of what happened? If it is the chap I'm thinking of, I am surprised to say the least.

GB

PJ266
    Free Member

Email address is wilko57@hotmail.com says he is from kent in his profile on here. I put up a wanted ad for a front road wheel, he replied, all seemed fine, sent hmi money as a gift (which ive done many times on here and never had problems) wheel didnt arrive after two weeks so i emailed him, he made up some (I presume) crap about a broken leg and said he would get his missus to send it within the next couple of days, three months later and no replies to emails later ive basically given up.

uplink
    Free Member

It makes me sad that we are getting much more of this sort of thing lately

Just looking at the classifieds now on the front page there is at least 4 people each selling shed loads of stuff
    They all have loads of posting history – all of it in the classifieds
    They really have no interest in this forum & are only here to make as much money as possible – the result of which is often similar to the tales above

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-inbred-frame-geared-xt-cset-bb-flat-bar-panaracer-tyres-rf-stem

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-loads-of-bits-xt-hope-race-face-with-pics

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-chainset-wheels-and-brakes-clearout-xtr-atomlab-hope-others-lk

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-faulty-sram-x9-rear-mech-brand-new

I wish the powers to be at STW towers would put in some rules in place to stop these people taking advantage of the forum like this
    Not so long back you could absolutely trust the sellers – not any more

z1ppy

I wish the powers to be at STW towers would put in some rules in place to stop these people taking advantage of the forum like this

From the classified rules:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forums/classified-rules/

What’s the classifieds forum for?
    The classified forum is free for all private sales.

Lets try and define what we mean by ‘private’.
    The ’spirit’ of our forum is one where users can turn their old, surplus or unwanted kit into extra cash to enable them to buy new bits to help them get out and continue riding. The Classified Forum is not a place where users can trade parts bought elsewhere and then sold at a profit

Personnally I wished they'd just grow some ball and kick these ppl off. If they've got no history from posting in the main forums (just on the classifieds), how are the contributing to the site?

Amos
    Free Member

I know Alex, what does he owe you for? He can be a bit of bimbo at times! If you let me know what he owes I'll give him a clip round the ear 🙄

He's a good lad just not terribly organised….

PJ266
    Free Member

gee – is it the same guy?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Personnally I wished they'd just grow some ball and kick these ppl off. If they've got no history from posting in the main forums (just on the classifieds), how are the contributing to the site?

I have no problem with it if they are honest. Anyone trying to rip people off with high prices won't sell anything.

Although anything I put on there seems to sell with remarkable ease. I've made £60 today from some decent odds and sods I no longer use. I must be cheap!

stonemonkey
    Free Member

uplink well spotted, personally i think they should be banned.

Have noticed that retrobike now puts a link on users profiles for feedback, I think something like this would work well here.

gee
    Free Member

Sorry, no. I know a different Paul Wilkinson! That's not the right email address.

GB

Mark

We only know about the people abusing the classifieds if someone reports them to us. That's why every post has a 'report this' link. It's nothing to do with growing balls.. it's to do with the 3000+ posts a day and how there's no way we can check every one. If there is a user you think is breaking the rules then hit the report this post link and let us know!

PJ266
    Free Member

After doing a bit of digging 😉

Paul Wilkinson

Races for "beyond mountain bikes" He did have a broken leg… in 2007. miraculously, one of my friends is an xc racer, and just happens to know his team mate (Nick Evans)I think I shall be asking him to have a wee word.

grumm
    Free Member

Mark – does only posting in classifieds count as abuse?

Kahurangi

How about a two posts in the bike forum earns you one post in the classifieds rule?

Most other forums I've ever been on would only let you know of the existence of a classifieds forum once you'd reached a 50 post threshold at least.

The openness of the classifieds here asks for a lot of trust!

dobo
    Free Member

i dont like JonT first idea, too hard to manage and would lead to a lot of shit posting
    but 50 bike forum posts before you can sell sounds ok.. and should be fairly obvious to spot people just wanting to post to sell..

EDIT: actually i dont really care as i dont buy from people with no history or dealings with others who have history

gee
    Free Member

Are you sure that's the same Paul Wilkinson? That's who I thought it was at first too, but I couldn't find his email address to confirm. I'd be surprised if it was him.

GB

gee
    Free Member

I've just Facebook messaged Paul (and Nick) this thread to see if they know anything.

GB

PJ266
    Free Member

Well it did surprise me a bit too, But I found him on facebook by searching for the email wilko57@hotmail.com, and after looking at his friends on facebook (two of which being his teammates) I kinda figured that was too much of a coincidence. Ive messaged him on facebook a few times now (Yes, I know this is VERY stalkerish, but it beats working on my dissertation 😉 ) so yeah, obviously if its the wrong guy I apologise (I also emailed beyondmountainbikes in a fit of mild anger) That £50 would come in handy right about now.

Cheers.

julianwilson
    Free Member

There's a VegiAlex posting/selling actively on southerndownhill. Noticed him whilst trawling their classifieds. It would be a bit harsh posting up details on a public forum if its not the same Alex, but if you can't get into the searchy bits on SDH (i think you have to be a member) you could always drop me an email and I'll have a stalk, errr, look for you.

anc
    Free Member

Uplink little more care when your flaming folk, Northcountryboy(2nd thread) is a good trustworthy lad who posts regularly in all forums.

PJ266
    Free Member

Im now sure it was that Paul Wilkinson, just found a post of his on xcracer.com or somthingorother:

"For more info call 07843 569768 or e-mail on wilko57@hotmail.com

Paul Wilkinson
    Beyond MTB/ Specialized
    NPS sport r1-3rd
    Southern xc r3-2nd r4-2nd"

Bit bad a team rider ripping people off isnt it? He also gives a phone number 😀 I'll let him reply to you gee before giving him a ring.

uplink
    Free Member

That's flaming? 🙄

njee20
    Free Member

That is indeed the Paul that myself and Gee know, I'm really surprised by that. Sent him a text.

Nick Evans

anc
    Free Member

That's flaming?

The guys a genuine user and you're implying he's abusing the forum just to sell stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet)

julianwilson
    Free Member

Oh fwiw I have lurked/read on SDH for 2 years, and posted maybe half a dozen times, other than 2 or 3 for sale threads (although I actually posted stuff i sold on there!). Does that make me a bad forum user?

PJ266
    Free Member

Blimey, cheers guys.

PJ266
    Free Member

Pauls replying to emails now. He's saying that he posted the wheel. This is confusing.

Lifer
    Free Member

Ask for proof of postage, if he didn't get any or has lost it he's an idiot and you need a refund.

walla24
    Free Member

VegiAlex has sent me a mail saying he has posted now, delay due to being in hospital.
    If it arrives i will apologise in full

njee20
    Free Member

Indeed, Paul has confirmed he did post it, but not in a recorded fashion.

Having helped with contact I'm going to bow out of this thread, and wish you good luck in resolving it with Paul, it's not really my place to start taking sides!

Nick

Lifer
    Free Member

You don't need to send recorded/special for proof of postage, just ask the cashier and they'll produce a receipt and write the delivery address on it.

PJ266
    Free Member

Thanks for your help Nick, at least he's communicating now instead of ignoring my pleas.

Lifer – Thats what I normally do, and keep the proof until they have told me it has been recieved. I did email him three days after he said he posted it and ask for a tracking number (this was on september the 20th, after I sent the money to him on the 14th of August, see why Im a bit sceptical??)

VegiAlex
    Free Member

I am quite saddened to find this thread, i'm not sure what use it will be but I would like to say to you all that I am an honest person, who made an honest mistake. I would like to start by saying that I sent the main item special delivery on the day I recieved the money. Following this I recieved an email asking about the whereabouts of the extra part. (fair enough) to which I appologised and promiced to forward it to him. The next day I took a nasty crash knocking myself out. I was in hospital overnight, as a result of this I completely forgot to send the item, I can admit that I forgot. After checking my emails the following Friday I found a threatening email from this person "I can find out who you are/where you live", to which I replied my appologies and admited my mistake. I also promiced to send the part asap. The upseting part is that despite my apologetic email, a full day later he felt it was still nessesary to start a thread to blacklist me. The part was sent first class the following Monday morning at 9.30 am, and should have arrived safely by now. This was an honest mistake on my behalf. For which I will now appologise for again. I am an honest peson, and will continue to use the classifieds section. I hope that I will not suffer at the hands of this thread.

That is all I have to say. Thanks for your time.

walla24
    Free Member

Yep i am indeed an ass in this case, the item i was waiting for arrived today.
    I apologise to you Vegialex.
    Sadly having been ripped off online numerous times before, the lack of communication lead to conclude it was happening again.
    I also regret starting this thread and think it should be closed.
    The reference to finding out where you live etc was in order to bother you with mail im not a hit man.
    Also this thread was started before i received any mail and there was a delay in recieving the first part of the item. Not wishing to start an argument here, this is an apology.
    Thanks, apologies again.

soma_rich
    Free Member

now everybody shake hands and say sorry…

PJ266
    Free Member

Alas, my situation has been resolved (a half way house, half my money back) It seems royal mail are at fault for this. It was the lack of communications that caused me to assume the worst and play the stalker game 😉 You cant blame people for being vigilant about this subject though. Apologies Paul, next time reply to peoples emails!!!!!

PJ266
    Free Member

Pending payment of course.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

So to avoid further besmirching Alex and Wilco, how about pulling this thread mods?

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Blacklist- VegiAlex’ is closed to new replies.