Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bikes Stolen – South West Sheffield
  • filtertips

Hi all, I’m gutted, woke up this morning and both my bikes have been stolen. Broke into the shed and cut through a shed shackle, looks like large bolt cutters did the job.

Bikes are a 2015 Orange Five, custom build, Large Fizzy Orange with Pikes, Hope Tech Enduro rims, Reverb, Race Face bars and stem. Other was a Cotic Soul, Large Black with Black X-Fusion Slants, Thomson seatpost, Hope stem and Race Face bars. If anyone spots anything please let me know.

Thanks

filtertips

Five is about 3 months old and the Soul was ridden for the first and last time yesterday.

I thought they would make enough noise to wake me with the security in the shed but apparently not.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Gutted for you. Feckers.

Good luck with police, ebay, gumtree and all that once you’ve got over the loss. Not nice.

bearnecessities

Scabby bastard bump 🙁

MrNice
    Free Member

they’re utter bastards, aren’t they?

I’m in south Sheffield and in the last 4/5 years I’ve had:
    bike nicked from the garage (the one and only time the bike wasn’t locked to the wall)
    garage door hinges broken in a failed attempt to get in again (I’d fitted extra locks)
    house broken into (garage remained secure)

The house now has much more security but if it happens again I’ll be posting on here about advice for keeping crocodiles

filtertips

They are complete scum.

Apart from the obvious sites (Ebay, Bike forums such as here and pink bike), where else should I be looking? Are they likely to try and sell them to pawn shops etc?

isitafox
    Free Member

Years ago there was a couple and a lad who were nicking bikes around our village who were stripping them down and rebuilding mixing up the components, the bikes were then picked up by a guy from Manchester who obviously sold them on further down the line so keep a look out for bike builds similar.
    The only problem with that, which the police told us, is once they’ve swapped stuff over unless the frame number is intact and you have it you can’t prove ownership which is why they got off scot free.

Plus when the house got raided any bits they had left they chucked over the back fence into a field so it was no longer on their property, absolute joke!

gonzy
    Free Member

absolute scumbags…hope something horrible happens to them to stop them nicking any more bikes!

keep a look out at your local cash converter/generator stores. check instore and on their website.
    also keep a look out on gumtree, ebay, pinkbike etc
    they may get stripped down so keep a lookout for the major components too
    you might want to check on facebook as there are quite a few mtb buy and sell pages

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Filtertips caught this on ride sheff FB this week, sorry to hear that I’ll look out over the west side for you.
    I’ve had my shed broken into but due to the motorbike level of security hardware I’ve got nothing has ever been nicked.

Just curious as to what level of security you had

filtertips

Thanks guys.

I had a pragmasis shed shackle which they have basically cut through with a big bolt cutter (I think) rather than tackle the motorbike chain and padlock around the bike. The staple on the hasp was cut through with what looks like two goes with bolt cutters. I’ve put security screws and coach bolts through hinges etc but didn’t want to go too far and make it look obvious that there was something expensive in there. I’d like to think that I’m cautious and never go round the back of the house if anyone’s about but someone has obviously seen me. What I can’t believe is that I didn’t wake up when they were doing it as it must have taken some effort.

filtertips

Shed is raised off the floor so no chance of a ground anchor.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I’d ask myself a more important question, how did they know what bikes I had and my location? Whithout these two bits of information they would t have robbed them as it doesn’t seem a random break in. Working out how to break in once they have found you would be pretty simple.

Are you on a mountain bike related Facebook or similar?

rob
    Free Member

A big bucket of concrete can make a good ground anchor alternative

reedspeed
    Free Member

Scumbags !,I’m not far off Sheff & currently working there ,so.ill.keep an eye open fella ,if I see em I’ll knee cap em for ya !,I **** hate thieves ..

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Ok sounds slimier setup to me but I use a ground anchor into concrete, Hasps are useless in most cases, bolt cutters go through them like butter.

They didn’t wake me either (went through two hasps) and I sleep less than 20 foot from the shed.
    Bike racks attract attention, my car was parked outside the house when they broke in, i’m also aware of another couple of shed break in’s on the road that also have the same bike carriers.

I cant be arsed to take it off so I tend not to park in front of the house anymore (apologies in advance to my neighbors)

roblane65
    Free Member

sorry for your loss but nobody ever hears the feckers !
    once had an entire merc van full of tools lifted overnite from outside my front door ! summertime bedroom window open not seven yards from the van.best thing was we’d finished fitting a kitchen that afternoon and there was at least 18″ of rubbish covering the tools at the bottom and the feckers had the lot out without making a sound.
    hope you have some luck recovering them.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out.

If bikes are in shed, you need a wireless alarm that goes off in the house, guaranteed to wake up then, and they only cost £20. Worth an investment for when you restock the shed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bikes Stolen – South West Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.