Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • bikefastfit app (bike fitting DIY stuff)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

If you’re one for tinkering with your bike fit then this bikefastfit app is well worth a look. (Sorry if it’s already been done.)

Stick a bike on the turbo, line up the circles with the wheels on the camera image, hit record then jump on the bike and pedal. Captures a video of you riding. Then allows you move through the images measuring pretty much any angle and distance. Really cool stuff. Well worth a couple of quid!

DT78
    Free Member

ooo will take a look cheers.

does it do TT position as well?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well it lets you measure pretty much any angle and distance you want. So yes. I’ve just been using it on the TT bike for things like hip angle, hip to shoulder, knee angle, angle between BB and hip, various reaches and drops. Anything you want to measure it’ll do. It really is very good. It’ll also measure frontal area which may be handy on the TT bike, not tried that yet.

cookeaa

Looks good, Don’t suppose there’s an android version/equivalent?

Can’t really find anything…

mrblobby
    Free Member

No idea about Android, sorry. May be worth dropping them a note and seeing if they have one planned.

Jamie
    Free Member

Shame it doesn’t come with a free turbo.

cookeaa

Yeah I’d already found “Size my bike” but that’s simply a manual entry calculator, looks useful too, but I like the idea of being able to do video analysis with my phone…

I’ve emailed bikefastfit people to see if an android version is on the cards…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Shame it doesn’t come with a free turbo.

Halfords and Planet X are almost giving them away!

but I like the idea of being able to do video analysis with my phone…

Yeah being able to easily collect that dynamic sizing data is the real beauty of it.

njee20
    Free Member

Stupid question… how do you make sure the phone’s in the right place? Are there iPhone tripods or sommat?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Recommends you have it roughly 10ft away and at about the same hight as the top tube. Then it overlays two circles with crosshairs in the middle onto the camera image that you line up with the wheels/axles. I had my iPad on a table in a clamp. Takes a bit of fiddling to get it right. You then pick two points and give it a measurement for that so that it has a reference from which to calculate other distances.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Doh, just missed the edit window. Dcrainmaker review here and he has a natty little iPhone mount thing linked from there.

cookeaa

Had a Rapid reply to my email:

Thanks for the questions. I won’t say no to Android but we aren’t actively working on it now. We have a long list of enhancements we want to build before we start on the Android version.

Sorry,

Terry

So I might be borrowing the missus iphone then…

njee20
    Free Member

I’m intrigued I must say!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I am pretty impressed with it I must say. I’ve had a quick go on the turbo, race and TT bikes and that has been pretty illuminating. I’ll have to do it properly as they suggest and stick bits of tape on various points of the body to make the measurement more consistent. Basically much like the data gathering bit of a retul fit. For two quid it’s a bargain IMO.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I don’t own a turbo but it’s a nice thing for those who do have one.

Shame you couldn’t do something similar with a gopro and riding alongside a glass shop front 😮

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘bikefastfit app (bike fitting DIY stuff)’ is closed to new replies.