Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • Bike park Wales!
  • Carpediem
    Free Member

Ok, so who’s been to the opening day? what was it like? Give us the low down? How does it compare to Antur Stiniog?

spev

a mate of mine went today and sent me text updates (we going there tomorrow) mostly along the lines of “reds are crazy” and “blacks are mental”, he did phone to say that the black runs are unlike anything else in South Wales and are the trails he’d ridden today were “quite seriously steep”

boxxer7
    Free Member

Anyone not use the uplift?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

A comparison to Gawton would be interesting too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s in teh newz

And I’m going in a few weeks…..Looking forward to it!

h4muf
    Free Member

Going in the morning!

#excited.com

therag
    Free Member

Having been involved in the project I am very biased but today was, wow!
    Think we had about 800 visitors and the trails were perfect. Due to the amount of trails, they were quiet.
    It’s like visiting 10 centres & dh tracks in one.
    There is something for everyone. I did about 9 runs on the uplift and mates pedalling the climb did 3-5 laps.
    See you there soon. 🙂

m0rk
    Free Member

How was the parking coping?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

How many uplifts per day do you think?

therag
    Free Member

I think they used an off site car park today as one was used up by trade stands.
    The uplift road takes 10 mins

davosaurusrex

From the BBC website link CFH posted;

“What this centre must be hoping is that mountain biking is here to stay and not just a fashion.”

Good to see that 30 odd years since it started the Beeb has it’s finger on the pulse…..

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Explains why the beeb doesn’t pick up on MTB successes and show it on TV more

LoCo
    Free Member

Rode it Wednesday, blue and red, very very good, not anything like it in uk, uplift will be 10 mins ish as mentioned red is black by some centres trail grading systems, but totally rideable, had I mentioned it ace 😆
    May see me in back of filming too 😉 swerved the interview offer

therag
    Free Member

The uplifts should get faster, new vans, new drivers and new roads will all get settled in soon.

tomfun

What’s the climb like if you pedal it?

therag
    Free Member

25-45 mins of bridleway and single track

raffo1
    Free Member

Hi
    Anyone no if its possible to ride the trails on a 1×9 setup
    I’m not super super fit
    Just don’t want to pushing up all the hills
    Cheers

Houns

Only if you’re on 27.5″ wheels

blooddonor
    Free Member

What tyres!! 🙂

raffo1
    Free Member

Hans dampf
    I’m riding a identiti aka

singlespeedstu

Clips or flats?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Water bottle or Camelbak?

b45her
    Free Member

i’m far from fit but peddled up the climb reasonably comfortably on a 1×10.

raffo1
    Free Member

How long is the longest trail
    And how’s it compare to degla/hopton

toys19
    Free Member

I rode all the blues and reds and there wasn’t anything longer than 10ish minutes?

timmys

Can someone give more info on the grading please.

ie. are reds more like DH red’s grades, at say Antur Stiniog, or more in line with Welsh trail centres?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

My understanding is the blues are like FoD/Glentress blues, the reds and blacks like trail centre blacks and reds and the Pro line like a full on DH track

Happy to be corrected.

This video shows some of the blacks and they don’t look as bad as I was expecting…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Vj870CEdV8[/video]

toys19
    Free Member

blues were easy, the reds were pretty easy, (even though I fell off). Didn’t get to the blacks. TBH I don’t really see it as a DH location, I was on my DH bike and wished I have my covert. If I had got to the blacks it might have been different. A couple of the lads I was with rode the blacks on their 130 and 150mm bikes and said they felt that they had the right bikes.

superfli
    Free Member

Thanks very much Bushwhacked. A good summary of what to expect. I’ll be taking my dual ply’s then and a FF lid – “Rim Dinger” and others look pretty rocky!
    Looks fantastic! As does the weather forecast for this week 🙂

raffo1
    Free Member

Cool vid
    Wander what Itl be like on me hardtail

robowns
    Free Member

Love that vid. Looks good, I need to go. All of those should be good on a hardtail.

composite
    Free Member

Looks like a good mixture of different types of lines. 🙂

ajt123
    Free Member

I’ll go a few months after opening. Otherwise will be chocka. Maybe when it is sleeting.

philwarren11
    Free Member

I got 10 runs in yesterday, probably could have done 11 without a puncture.

The blues are stupidly fast and flowing, with willy waver being the best imo. The reds are really good with some nice features, nice change to see some drops and jumps thrown into them, the blacks are more natural feeling again with even bigger drops and jumps, that step down/road gap is a monster. I was on a stumpy evo and apart from wanting dual ply tyres (going too fast for 18stone) i didn’t feel under biked at all.

No idea who thinks this is beyond south wales stuff, some of the blacks felt like stuff at Smilog and Afan masts etc.. which is good.

Uplifts did and will get quicker, but its not an issue as hardly waited and was a bit of a break after the runs, sixtapod onto willy waver is over 2 miles long.

Amazing place, they done a superb job.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Rideable on a fully rigid (fat front)?

b45her
    Free Member

yes, but why would you want to?

rickt
    Free Member

Sound good.. Will have to arrange to get a weekend down there..

therag
    Free Member

Was told today that there was over 900 visitors and not one of the trails were busy.
    There was a 6yr old boy and a 56 year old lady riding the easyiest blues.
    My 160mm bike was more than enough for everything I ride. I wouldn’t hit the pro lines on any kind of bike tho.

SOAP
    Free Member

Going tomorrow 🙂 is it £5 to ride +’parking?

philwarren11
    Free Member

The 6 year old, kian, rode both reds as well. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Bike park Wales!’ is closed to new replies.