Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bike-packers
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Please show me pics of how you strap your drybags to your saddle and convince me I don’t need to spaff £100 on some Carradice 18L bag & SQR.

Thanksyouplease.

trail_rat
    Free Member

week long tour kit … clothes/stove/pots in carradice – sleeping stuff in the barsacks

overnight light weight bivy. – lightweight +5 comfort bag , down gilet , bivy in the red bag – no ground mat or clothes changes or stove/pots etc

cynic-al
    Free Member

TA…what’s the rack in the 2nd pic?

Don’t folk simply strap bags to their saddles/posts?

trail_rat
    Free Member

rack is the bagman from my carradice – i tried strapping the back to the post – it just irritated my legs ….given i was doing the WHW i didnt fancy leaving it there …

im going to get me some epic style luggage once i settle on the frame i want to put them on !

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Crappy pics:

Neither was amazing – still trying to figure out a ghetto solution to project it further back.

Currently tryign to bodge something with an old saddlebag, a cheap drybag, some corrigated cardboard and gaffa tape.

rudedog
    Free Member

deleted

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta guys. Looks like saddlebags may be the wat to go. Frikkin spensive tho and nowt cheap on scumbay 🙁

Pyro

I’ve been using one of the Tacx saddle rail bottle cage mounts and a couple of bootlaces to give a bit of space between the back of my legs and a 10l SealLine bag. Rocks about a bit but not too bad and didn’t cost owt ’cause I had the mount already.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

have a look here

these look ok

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Not in stock and Shop only in test mode. Have you bought / received anything from them?

At 180PLN (c.£40) for the saddle bag that’s considerably cheaper than the *cough*original*cough* Revelate design.

stevemorg2

email him direct :

http://www.bikeandbivi.co.uk/php/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=180

I’ve got a couple of bags on the way – his comms have been excellent, he hasn’t asked for money upfront and the kit looks good – I’ll update when the bags arrive

unsponsored
    Free Member

Hi kit does look very well put together, the materials aren’t cheap either.

http://www.bikeandbivi.co.uk/php/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=180

TheBrick
    Free Member

not a very good pic
    Roll mat on bars, small stuff sack (sleeping bag+bivi bag) under seat under normal saddle wedge with tools, food and stove in backpack.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

I’ll update when the bags arrive

Look forward to it.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Al,

I’ve on of these Erics’ Finest (Prototype) your’e more than welcome to borrow if you want??

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta Nick, may wait and take the plunge in Poland, unless our paths cross in teh near future…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

No dramas Al, It’s there if you want it…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bike-packers’ is closed to new replies.