• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike gone missing- Plymouth
  • pinetree
    Free Member

Hey folks,

I screwed up yesterday afternoon, and left my commuter/hack/fixie in the lane out the back of my house, with the intention of bringing it in the back, rather than dragging it through my hallway.
    As it was super hot, I had a beer and promptly forgot that I’d left it there. Remembered this morning, but when I went out to look, it’s away 🙁

It’s entirely my own fault, and was a stupid thing to do, but there you go.

Pic below:

It’s got different wheels to that (track wheels, with a deep section chrome front rim) and a half link chain- no tensioner.

It’s not worth much, apart from sentimental value- it originally belonged to my mum, from when she used to race back in the 90s, and i really loved riding it.

If you spot it, please let me know! you can email me scott(dot)bannister(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

Cheers!

pinetree
    Free Member

Here’s a better pic of it, taken on Thursday morning.

johnners
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about the bike, especially since it has sentimental value.

It’s entirely my own fault, and was a stupid thing to do, but there you go

I can’t agree with that though, while it was unwise/forgetful of you to leave your bike unsecured someone else’s dishonesty is in no way your fault.

jam-bo

I can’t agree with that though, while it was unwise/forgetful of you to leave your bike unsecured someone else’s dishonesty is in no way your fault.

I don’t know, the shared access lanes round the back of houses in Plymouth have all sorts dumped in them. Someone might have just thought it was abandoned.

galactus
    Free Member

Hiya Scott, sorry to here about your loss.
    I’m in the city centre(lots of scrotes) so I’ll keep my eyes peeled

pinetree
    Free Member

Cheers lads. Yeah, I reckon that’s probably what’s happened- a lot of shit does get left lying to be scrapped. I probably wouldn’t lift it, but i imagine a fairly honest person could have done so, thinking it was for the bin anyway.

I’m down at 24/12 today, so can’t do anything about it. My wife (the star that she is) has been out putting up posters in the lanes though. I love that girl 🙂

tonyplym
    Free Member

Local to me, so will keep eyes peeled.

pinetree
    Free Member

Well look what just showed up!

A very embarrassed neighbour just showed up at our front door, having seen the poster my wife put up in the lane. She was terribly apologetic, but i think she did me a favour in fact- if she hadn’t taken it, it would have gone anyway, and I probably wouldn’t have got it back. Apparently she took it on Friday afternoon, and it’s been sat in her shed since then, while she was away on holiday 🙂

Couldn’t be happier! It’s nice when something like this happens- kinda restores your faith in humanity 🙂

houndlegs
    Free Member

Goddam, I love an ending like this 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Everyone loves a happy ending! 😀

kcal

yeah ::)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike gone missing- Plymouth’ is closed to new replies.