• This topic has 34 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nant.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • bike-discount.de
  • reefer110
    Free Member

Has anyone used bike-discount.de for parts. just wondering if you got hit for import duty upon delivery.

Cheers,

Poopscoop

Part of EU so you’ll be fine.

Unless they actually ship from outside EU which im pretty sure they dont.

nickdavies

As above its eu no duty or vat. Ordered loads from them have often found they’ve been quicker than crc.

nedrapier

Yup, found the same as Nick Davis

cp

As above, they are eu. You’ve already paid German vat, there’s nothing at all extra to pay.

kayak23

Very good. Sorted out an issue for me quickly.

BenjiM

Always had good service from them, even returns are sorted quickly.

windyg
    Free Member

Very good company, used them many times.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve had returns processed for me even before they’ve gone in the post. I’ve bought from them loads of times online and in their shop in Bonn

mildred

To counter all the positives, I’ve had issues with them. First one was the rp23 I bought – advertised as 215x64mm travel. When I received it it was packed in a clear plastic packet just with the size written on it. I fitted it but struggled to get full travel. I then spent a shed load of money on getting it tuned, thinking that would help but it transpired it was a Specialized specific shock they’d sent me, which had a large built in travel restricter. They wouldn’t take it back as i’d had it tuned so as it was their mistake I asked for a contribution towards the repair. They offered a €30 discount voucher & nothing else so I took that. This took months of emails & reminders.

Secondly I bought a hope district rear light (paid for partially by said voucher). When it arrived it wasn’t anywhere near described – it was a cheaper version with a plastic and rubber band mounts & not the one with alloy bayonet style mount as described & pictured. I sent it back for a refund. They refunded the card payment but not the €30 voucher amount. I’ve had no reply to a number of emails asking them to refund/reinstate the voucher code.

If you’re looking at saving a shed load then it may be worth it, but if you’re looking at saving a couple of quid then I wouldn’t bother.

Bez

Used them three or four times; generally fine but did get sent the wrong product once. It was resolved, but only after a discussion about who was going to pay the postage. Another time I got a frame without cable guides, but with some fittings for a different frame; customer support was amicable enough afterwards, and they sent me another bag of stuff, but that wasn’t any use either.

So, yes, you can get a bargain; and no, you won’t get stung on any tax. But I’d say I’ve had better service from Bike24, Starbike and Rose (Rose being the best IME).

reefer110
    Free Member

Great feedback, thanks everyone. Didn’t know of those other shops, Bez… thanks for the heads up.

ransos
    Free Member

Rose are very good – I often get delivery quicker than from UK suppliers.

nedrapier

but did get sent the wrong product once

Hmm. Got a box of bits sat at home that I won’t be able to check until after the 30 days return have gone. Might ask her to open it.

Although I’d guess the 30 days are there for changing your mind. If they sent you the wrong stuff, it’s the wrong stuff.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Used often. Very quick delivery and usually the cheapest supplier. Recommended.

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

Only purchased once from them, bought a Cube AMS 150. Delivery was good as was the price. Frame cracked about 15 months later and they sent a replacement rear triangle within two weeks, though it was a different colour

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Ecky thump +1.

Prices and delivery typically beat crc and wiggle.

Daffy

Wiggle will price match against Bike-discount.

Daffy

I’ve used them twice. Excellent both times. On the second order I mis-ordered some spokes so arranged for a return and exchange. Free-post return on Monday, received in Germany on Wednesday. Exchange sent on Wednesday and received Thursday! Awesome!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve never understood this. Why would I go to the hassle of the admin to get the same price when I can just click ‘buy’?

otsdr
    Free Member

Wiggle will price match against Bike-discount.

Bike-discount have yet to send me the same wrong item twice, though.

allyharp

I’ve had great experiences with Rose (including dealing with a Shimano warranty return) and also Hibike.com – whom I bought a full bike from and recently some dirt cheap XT 8000 brakes.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Used them recently. Ordered a box of 72 spokes for a pair of wheel builds. Needed 64. Got 31 spokes and 35 nipples :roll:. Did email them and they sent another box of 72. Would have been more than happy with just getting the remainder. Now have enough spokes to build a 3rd and have spares !!

honourablegeorge

I use bike-components.de/en all the time, and they’re consistently excellent.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Ordered a box of 72 spokes for a pair of wheel builds. Needed 64. Got 31 spokes and 35 nipples 🙄

Someone probably put a half empty box back in the full box pile………. I’ve had this on a stock take years ago. The guy doing the wheelbuilds just put all the boxes back in the same pile, so instead of the 40 odd full boxes we *thought* we had. It was 10-12 full boxes and the rest anywhere between a couple of spokes and almost full.

Guess which poor **** had to go through the whole lot and check. 😥

Bez

Bike-discount have yet to send me the same wrong item twice, though.

Wiggle have yet to argue with me about who’s paying to post my wrong item to Germany 😉

DanW
    Free Member

Wiggle have yet to argue with me about who’s paying to post my wrong item to Germany

Bike-Discount do free returns printed off a label from the web-site, non?

Always had great experiences myself including very quite turnaround of a fork warranty

Bez

That one was some time ago; sounds like they’ve fixed that, then. As you were.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Rose +1

Often even cheaper too.

Kuco

I’ve used them and never had a problem nor with Rose bikes.

vincienup
    Free Member

In euro shop land, alltricks and hibike are worth a peep too – especially alltricks if you’re looking at sram product.

I’ve never had any issues with any. In fact on one are about the only online bike retailer I’ve been upset with, Merlin take the best service award for online from me.

Obviously buying from a local place is better, but big savings can make this difficult. This is really something the OEM market and distributors need to sort out (without just making imports unavailable and doubling the UK price…) it’s clearly possible, see illustration of motorbike trade posted recently (Peter poddy I think) . My personal approach is that if the difference is small or speed is important local wins, and in the unlikely event I’m using a shop’s mechanic for something, I’ll let them supply parts needed. I think this is a reasonable compromise in the current position.

Daffy

Scienceofficer – Member
    I’ve never understood this. Why would I go to the hassle of the admin to get the same price when I can just click ‘buy’?

I like to keep my money in the UK and UK companies wherever possible.

mulv1976
    Free Member

I’ve always found them excellent, particularly when they recently replaced a 16 month old reverb that was playing up.

iain1775
    Free Member

Always use them for anything Shimano or Schwalbe and never had any problems
    IXS Trail helmets also cheap, as well as some good deals on 5-10 shoes at the moment

nant
    Free Member

Bought some revelations at a dirt cheap price and a wheel set. Excellent service!

Just orderd a monarch rear shock for my cheapo full sus build.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘bike-discount.de’ is closed to new replies.