Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bike bag hire? near Oxford, Reading etc.
  • gaberin
    Free Member

Looking to rent a bike bag/box, anyone know a cheap service. Just need one with wheels on, doesn’t need to be hard as i will be taking it on the train not plane.

Or has anyone got one that they would like to sell to me/lend…

Cheers

Trimix
    Free Member

You could try a LBS and ask for a box, they normally have to throw them away anyway. I used them loads when flying the bike. Sort of disposable as its free – you can then drag it about knowing its only got to last a day.

martinh
    Free Member

Mountain Trax in Wokingham rent out EVOC bike bags

mtbfix

AW in Reading certainly used to rent out Dakine bike bags. Not sure whether they still do.

IHN

If you can get to Cirencester I have one you can borrow. No wheels though.

weeksy

Do a search on my posts, some fella offered me one not long ago, he was over by Twickenham,

cynic-al
    Free Member

You prob have your reasons, but I wouldn’t bother on a train!

Macgyver

Depends on the train though. You can’t stick a bike on the EuroStar. it has to be bagged and within certain luggage sizes. Daft isn’t it!

gaberin
    Free Member

I bought one a while ago, but it has no wheels and I can hardly carry it as its quite tall and I have to walk a few miles across Paris 😯

psp22
    Free Member

AW cycles in Reading Hire out soft bike bags with wheels for £20 a week and hard box with wheels for £50 a week! I have found them very help full and have used both types several times over the years!

Jerome
    Free Member

I have to walk a few miles across Paris

Get a taxi..

TiRed

Think mine has wheels one end, you are welcome to borrow it. Email in profile.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bike bag hire? near Oxford, Reading etc.’ is closed to new replies.