Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike and Insnace comapnies
  • Caher

Due to some carpet refurb in my place I left my bike outside for the day only to come home evening to find it stripped of parts leaving only the wheels, gears, frame and chain.

Spoke to the police and they said they would come around have a look – two days later they never did. So I brought the photos to the bike shop for an estimate which I got which was less than the price of a similar bike. The insurance company said they would pay for the repair but I did state that this was estimated on photos.

The next day the chain and gears were taken – the insurance company now say that this should be a separate claim with a new excess applied. The bike shop now has the bike and he noticed some bend in the frame and rotors which I’d not notice on the first look.

If I submit a second claim it probably null as it will not reach the excess and first claim was probably optimistic so lost my bike and claim.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’ve probably got the wrong end of the stick here., but your bike was stripped as it was left outside.

So you then left it outside again and the same thing happened?

Caher

Bike had 3 large locks which were still there. Police said leave in situ to be viewed by them. Bike was in a bike shed.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have nothing to add other than the thread title makes my head hurt.

iainc

its 2 separate incidents on different days though, so 2 claims makes sense.

sandwicheater

Yes they are correct, two thefts, two claims, two lots of excess.

Unlucky.

Caher

Thanks as I feared. Just never leave a bike outside.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike and Insnace comapnies’ is closed to new replies.