Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Big thanks to MicArms and the Wyre Forest
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

After hearing so much good stuff about the Wyre forest and how it's a hidden gem I was really excited to get up there for a ride with a mate. Managing to get MicArms to guide us around really was the icing on the cake.

But looking at the weather forecast over the last few days I was expecting a soaking so I was a little apprehensive beforehand, especially as I'd booked it during the recent dry spell when trails where in top condition.

On the way up this morning I had a feeling it was going to be one of those bad rides where all goes wrong, especially after meeting my mate so he could follow me to meet Mick and his car ran out of petrol halfway there!!! 🙁 Cue a quick dash to halfords and the petrol station in my car.

So when we rolled up to the pub carpark at 11.30am rather than 10.30am I was surprised to see Mick still in good spirits, although riding off without my helmet made me wonder if anything else could go wrong to delay the ride and test Micks patience further 😕

Anyway, we set off and found the Wyre to be slippery as hell but soooooo much fun. Mick was showing us some great trails which I'm sure in the dry would be awesome to ride. Bearing in mind Wyre is only less than an hours drive from where I live I am surprised I've not ridden up there before.

My mates fitness was tested but seeing as he's only been riding a short while he coped really well with tough conditions and some slidey moments – keeping a smile on his face at all times. Although I think his navigation skills need a bit of improvement after getting himself lost on a trail with no options other than straight-ahead when following us 🙂 Apparently he took a right turn! 😕

The big bonus was the weather held for the ride and we had only a spot of rain until we got to the carpark and it lashed it down. I even managed to spot my shadow for about 5 mins when the Sun forced its way through the cloud.

Top ride and BIG thanks for Mick for his guiding and his patience. At more than one time during the day I thought "This is what it's all about"

Great day topped off by an all day breakfast and a pint at the pub afterwards 🙂

votchy
    Free Member

Christ, must be a different MickArms to the one the Clent Duffers (TM) know, he's normally an impatient moaning git 😉 maybe his near death experiences coming back from the Quantocks with his Ayrton Senna'ish lift has calmed him down 😯

Bushwacked
    Free Member

LOL!! He didn't seem as bad as I expected him to be when we turned up.

He mentioned the Quantocks – sounded like a good ride thanks to a handy map 😉

bonesetter
    Free Member

Christ! That's it, now Mick's helmet will be too small – like the ewe said

sheldona
    Free Member

Was that the real Mick?

mboy
    Free Member

So when we rolled up to the pub carpark at 11.30am rather than 10.30am

Christ, even I'm not that bad! 😉

There's some damned good riding to be done in the Wyre Forest to be fair, just a shame I can never remember any of it! I'll have to get and learn it really as it's only a 25 minute drive away from where I live now…

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Mboy – you are normally late and a lot later than I am normally.

MicArms

Please, I'm blushing!! 😳

Glad you had a good ride out Bushwacked, like I said though in the pub, bearly did a 1/4 of the good stuff..
    Give us a shout when you want a return visit.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

A return visit would be good, especially in the dry and with the real Mick as I think I got an imposter based on the comments above 😉

Houns

Ahh there's nothing like the Wyre when it's dry and dusty

TheSwede
    Free Member

Baaaaahhh 😯

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Big thanks to MicArms and the Wyre Forest’ is closed to new replies.