Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BETD Goldtech Hubs – good, anyone got them?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Hi, looking into getting some wheels built soon and just exploring options.

I’d be quite happy with Hope hubs, not too sure about the noise of the rear hub though – I have some old Ti-Glide wheels so I know what it’s like, prefer silent or quiter.

The BETD hubs are comparable on price/weight, so what are they like – easy to service, quiet(er), reliable? Any issues, any users?

Thanks.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

very similar, I had a Pro Comp front and Draco rear.

Pro comp weight half of sweet FA! But its reliability was comprimised by the size of the bearings (very small to keep the weight down) the smaller of the two would wear in 6 months.

The Draco was as long lasting as any cartridge hub.

Not much quieter than hope XC’s though.

GW
    Free Member

got a 12yr old draco still spinnin sweetly – been on mainly jumpbikes and DH bikes

crazy-legs

I’ve got their SS hubs – not the lightest hubs I’ve ever built up but bombproof quality, they look nice and they’re well sealed. I bought them direct from the shop in person, cool bunch of guys in there who did me a good deal for no apparent reason other than it was a nice day and they were in a good mood!

neilnevill
    Free Member

good solid hubs, I have a set of dracos. The rear is noisy though, the pawl mechansm needs to be oiled not greased ( Iwas told by goldtech when I rang up and spoke to them) so it is noisy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘BETD Goldtech Hubs – good, anyone got them?’ is closed to new replies.