Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best Wireless Computer
  • seamansam
    Free Member

Hi guys what is the best wireless computer to use on my Stumpjumper FSR with Fox Talas forks. Was looking at the Cateye Strada.

Thanks

rs
    Free Member

I came into this thread thinking the answer might be an iMac or something similar but that might weigh your bike down a little!

seamansam
    Free Member

Sensible answers would be good!

big_scot_nanny

Garmin 800? It’s marvellous, but perhaps a bit OTT if all you need is speed/distance. 🙂

Haze

Just back from my first (road) ride with a Strada Double, was nice trying to maintain a fairly constant cadence.

Then I noticed the pace arrow and the rest of the ride turned into a race against it.

Is that normal, is this how most my rides will be from now on?!

jonnyrockymountain

Knog ones for me it’s lasted just over a year
    All the others I had didn’t

atlaz
    Free Member

Why not get a Garmin Forerunner 305? Cheapish for a bike-mountable GPS

jimc101
    Free Member

Having used 2 Cateye Stradas over the last 2 years, am looking for an alternative, have had the sensor unit fail on one, and both have a severe dislike of any other computer (GPS) / light being operated near them.

Currently looking at Sigma computers with STS, as this should get rid of the interference issue

foxwelljsly
    Free Member

I bought a second bike kit for my hardtail for a Sigma 1609 cadence. Great functionality, but slight lag in readings. This also supports two bike settings, so you only have to buy one head unit for two bikes and you don’t have to re-key the circumference in when you change bike.

This unit just does time/distance/cadence and averages. It also has a trip up, which allows you to aggregate the times and distances for consecutive days.

jimc101
    Free Member

Was the 1609 Cadance I was looking at, interesting about the Lag, have recently been using a Mavic Wintech E-Bolt, looks great, but even with new batteries, is very laggy, and gives craze reading, like 10kph when you are going nearer 50kph

Haze

I liked the look of the E-bolt, nice neat solution. Changed my mind as reviews were pretty appalling…

Bez

Got a Sigma 1609 on my road bike, does the job nicely and IMO the O-ring mounting straps are better than zip ties (though you can add zip ties if you want).

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve got Strada wireless on several bikes, no problems to report, batteries tend to last a year or so.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best Wireless Computer’ is closed to new replies.