Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best way to sell large record/vinyl collection
  • djambo
    Free Member

I’ve got a large record collection (a few hundred) of tunes from my DJing days. That have been untouched for the last 10 years of so.

Hip hop/rap (souds of mischief, public enemy, tribe cq, nwa etc)

Drum and base (ltj bukem, goldie etc)

Trip hop (mowax, dj shadow, etc)

MOst of it from the 90’s…some real classics in there and no doubt a fair bit of dross.

So, whats the best way to sell them? I’d prefer not to post them all one by one but obviously want to maximise the price i get.

Pigface
    Free Member

Pick out the ones that might be worth something to sell most will be landfill which is saddening.

Nobby

A mate got (what he felt) was a reasonable deal on a stack of vinyl from the chaps at http://eil.com/. He went to one of their ‘public’ days as he’s fairly local to them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

Get them on discogs

You’ll have to be prepared to post them. A mate sold his mahoosive vinyl collection, and ended up posting them all over the world. He made a fair old wedge out of it too.

everyone
    Free Member

If you do put them on Discogs stick a link in here!

flyingmonkeycorps

Discogs. Or post it up on here and let the vultures (ie me) have their pick 😀

Tracey

Kevin had hundreds in our loft all boxed up from the 60s, 70, and 80s. including loads of Northern Soul and 12″s. They had been up there from 1990 and he couldn’t part with them. Last year, out of the blue, he fetched them all down. Had a good look at them, loaded them into the car and took them all along with hundreds of cassettes to the local hospice shop.

djambo
    Free Member

any tips on where to get decent packaging materials?

i’m guessing getting the postage options right is key…

franki
    Free Member

As above. Discogs. 🙂

Haze

Another vote for Discogs!

Ceebug
    Free Member

Catalogue your collection on Discogs which will show you which tracks are currently worth decent money (this will also give you an idea of the overall value of your collection though you’ll get less selling as a job lot). Then sell these individually on Discogs and stick the rest on ebay, or split it up into small packs (of say 10) with a good track included in each one to try and get a better price on ebay. Often you’ll find that quite unexpected tracks can be worth big money….

xherbivorex
    Free Member

speaking from experience, the best way to sell a large vinyl collection is to not sell it at all, because at some point down the line you’ll regret getting rid of some/most/all of it.

i sold around 1500 rock/metal/hc LPs in the late 90s to some collector that advertised in Record Collector magazine, got a pretty decent amount for it all but i really wish i still had lots of those records now. some of them were rubbish, some just okay and some were absolute classics, and worth quite a lot these days.
    pick and choose any that you think you’d want to keep, then ditch the rest.

Jamz
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you based? Would potentially be interested in the dnb if you wanted to sell that separately from the rest?

chakaping
    Free Member

Discogs is a good option if they’re at all sought after.

Be honest in your descriptions and flexible on price and you could end up with a nice stream of spending money coming in.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best way to sell large record/vinyl collection’ is closed to new replies.