Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best way to create off-road gpx route files
  • jamesg55
    Free Member

as per title. I can see there are a number of sites that let you create gpx routes and export them. But it’s hard to tell which have access to OS maps to create off-road routes. Can you please recommend some to me.
    – Must be free
    – contain UK OS maps
    – simple process to the create route and export

paladin

bikehike

fathomer

bikehike for me as well.

jekkyl

I use justgoride, it’s great. Can switch between OS, Satellite and map. When you have parts on road it fills them in for you.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Bikehike as well, back country navigator app also has a course creator, but there’s a one off fee.

PrinceJohn

I use view ranger, it doesn’t have OS maps, but you can buy the areas you need, it does however have the open cycle maps which are very good.

Blacksmith
    Free Member

Where is the path: http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm as a spit screen that allow OS/OSM/ satellite maps

jamesg55
    Free Member

Thanks, bikehike has had the most mentions so far so I’ll go have a look.

ade9933
    Free Member

You’ll need to search around a bit. Whichever you choose, they only have a certain amount of free bandwidth per week and so are often used up by the time you want to make your track.

Good luck.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The advantage with bikehike is it’s dead easy for course creating as that’s pretty much all it does, an idiot could pretty much do it straight off. I thought justgoride looked very good, but would require a bit more time invested to get your head around as it’s much more than just a simple course creator.

antares
    Free Member

ride with gps or bikehike

thenorthwind

+1 for bikehike, but also bikeroutetoaster.com – more features, but can be more buggy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best way to create off-road gpx route files’ is closed to new replies.