Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Best trainers for running with a dodgy knee
  • bubs

I am not a runner but I do like to go out for a slog when the mood occasionally takes me. However, my left knee feels like it has little cartilage left which is why I recently sold my singlespeed. What options do I have for “protective” running shoes?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Run on grass wearing whatever you want.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

go to a running shop and get them to pop you onto the running machine analysis thing. They’ll see what you feet are doing then will be able to say what type of shoe you need. This will then help reduce the chances of further knee knackering

IanMunro
    Free Member

You don’t really have any options for protective shoes. Well, you have plenty of options for shoes, but any suggestion that any can protect knee joints is bollocks. Some may hinder things though.
    You may get better protection by building up muscle strength, and you may want to measure what your running cadence is and considering increasing it if it’s on the low side.
    http://runblogger.com/2015/03/effects-of-cadence-training-on-running-biomechanics-and-efficiency.html

thecaptain
    Free Member

cycling shoes (but not on a singlespeed).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best trainers for running with a dodgy knee’ is closed to new replies.