Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best Online File storage provider…
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Hey all

I’ve been using free dropbox for a few years now and have about 6gb limit which has been workable but I’ve decided to upgrade to their premium version and get 1TB of online storage so I can sync everything up.
    They offer £7.99 per month or £10.99 per month extended version history (keeps deleted and altered versions of your files for one year without affecting your capacity).

This seems spot on for what I want but before I pull the trigger is there any other providers I should be considering. Really happy with dropbox and its apps on iphone and ipad as well windows based stuff.
    My only grumble I guess would be the somewhat slow upload speed but i’m not sure how it compares (currently showing 67.9KB/sec – 28mins to upload 14 4.5mb pics). I’m certainly not a power user so wouldn’t be uploading large amounts of data on a daily basis.

wilburt
    Free Member

My experience is limited to Google Drive and iCloud. Google Drive wins hands down.

footflaps

I use Dropbox (pro account). Really love it.

Upload speed is your internet connection, not Dropbox. At work I’m on 100Mb uncontended and the upload is very quick.

jam-bo

I tried onedrive for a while. Awful.

Back on dropbox

IA

Depends what you want it for?

I use dropbox to sync things across devices, and backblaze for online backup of everything*

*icloud for the iOS devices

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Sounds like dropbox it is then.

Will just be used for keeping all of my docs online which I can then access and work from either at home or work.
    Will mostly be pics though so i can upload them to dropbox then share and work with them (blog etc) from wherever I happen to be.
    Like the idea of the extended history as so I can retrieve pics If I deleted them my accident etc.

We are supposed to be on a quick broadband speed here at work so I’ll look into that! Just done a speedtest and although download is quick upload is slow which it shouldn’t be.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best Online File storage provider…’ is closed to new replies.