• This topic has 52 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by yan.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Best helmet mount lights?
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Whilst we are talking about this I’ve been thinking about changing my handlebar light. Been offered an Exposure Reflex MK2 (Old stock) for £265 from LBS… is that a good deal? Would I be better buying a current model that’s priced at a similar spec?

alexxx
    Free Member

Alright Paul, is the hope no good?

I seem to have misplaced my £15 Chinese lights which I thought were awesome and mounted well to my helmet and everything now looks like a lot of money for the same thing!

chilled76
    Free Member

Hi Alex,

The Hopes decent, but I’m riding more and more at night so upgrading both helmet and bar light…. Will probably sell the Hope on once I’ve replaced it.

alexxx
    Free Member

Yeah it’s a tricky one isn’t it – I think the power of a lot of these lights actually make it harder to read the trail so theres a fine line to be struck, I wonder if the hope would be better on your head and then a more powerful bar light? The titan that guy linked above looks pretty good due to its wide spread.

My mate reviews bike parts and he can’t stop raving about the exposure stuff if that helps your decisions at all..

I’m personally in the camp that prefers matching battery packs that are easy to source replacements or pop in those large batteries as you can carry spares easily

If you’re riding again you’ll have to come up to the lakes for a play!

chilled76
    Free Member

Cheers, yes I keep hearing lots of positives about Exposure stuff.

Lakes might be cool in the summer matey!

I’m leaning towards buying this Reflex at £265 and putting the hope one on my helmet, but its the older vision 4 so possibly a bit big for the helmet.

Hoping someone can tell me whether its worth buying at £265 or buying a newer model?

stu1972
    Free Member

Hoping someone can tell me whether its worth buying at £265 or buying a newer model?

I had the same model and was happy with it. The only reason you cant get that particular model is that the reflex technology is built into the new models as standard. I think the latest models may have an improved reflex tech.

Id be concerned with the battery sitting in a discahrged state for so long as these lights do have a parasitic drain.

The new Maxx D Mk9 I have just received had 35% charge out of the box and the reflex mk2 hasnt been available for at least a couple of years I think?

No cycle to work scheme available for you?
    I couldnt justify spending RRP on an exposure light but get one -40% every couple of years on the scheme.

My vote for a headlight goes to the Zebralight SC600 with warm white led. Awesome little light and is usable off the helmet as well.

http://www.zebralight.com/SC600-Mk-III-18650-XHP35-Flashlight-Cool-White_p_174.html

chilled76
    Free Member

Yes I’ve got cycle to work but currently got a road bike I’m paying for and not allowed two vouchers at once.

I thought that about the battery too, I bought my Hope from them though in a similar situation (old stock) and it’s been fine. The LBS guy recons they charge them periodically for this reason and I’m inclined to believe him.

Is £265 a good price for it?

stu1972
    Free Member

IMO No.

Sure I just seen a maxx d mk9 for £308.
    Save your pennies and benefit from increased lumens.

Edit: £307.99 on rutland

chilled76
    Free Member

Cheers Stu, appreciate the opinion

chilled76
    Free Member

Anyone know if Exposure did any Black Friday deals last year? Thinking of hanging fire on a purchase if they did?

benp1

Don’t think so. But often deals around on Exposure lights from places like Rutland Cycling etc

Don’t forget things like Tesco Evans 241 vouchers

chilled76
    Free Member

Cheers guys,

Went totally off piste and just ordered a new helmet and bar light combo from MTB-Batteries, cracking deal on their website at the minute for £145 for a 2000 lumen bar light and an 800 lumen helmet light that is really tiny that price was posted too. Bargain!!!!

yan
    Free Member

Try LiteOption. Have had good reviews in the past and have lots of race pedigree…… and the service.

http://liteoption.com/

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Best helmet mount lights?’ is closed to new replies.