Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Best Flat Bar for 29er
  • matther01
    Free Member

Any experience of a decent flat bar for a 29er with a decent(ish) width?

I’m 5’9” so would be going with a 60mm stem on a medium Cotic Solaris.

Cheers

singlespeedstu

The same flat bar you’d use on a 26er.

matther01
    Free Member

Never used a flat bar, always used a widish riser on all my 26er’s. Cotic advised me to go flat and not too wide.

andyl
    Free Member

I’m running an X-lite carbon with 9 degree sweep and 700mm width with no complaints.

Carbon Cycles do a few models and I think Sunline do some nice flat aluminium ones.

9 deg sweep really suits me but more would not go amiss (maybe 12deg).

hoojum
    Free Member

How about On-One’s Fleegle bar + what SS Stu said.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Found that the same bar /stem combo feels different on a 29er, ended up trying a few + settled with the niner bars which feel spot on with a 70mm stem, whereas i’ve a 50mm stem +750mm bars on my 26er.
    These ones

singlespeedstu

Never used a flat bar

In that case find a flat bar the same width and sweep as your previous riser bar.
    Only you know what you like when it comes to bars.

takisawa2

Same height as you, (but for 0.43568″).
    I tried a 765mm Sunnline but it felt daft.
    Tried a 711mm Niner, that felt ok but was way way too STIFF.
    ( I run rigid up front).
    Ended up back on a 685mm Low-Rise Easton CNT.

I bought a Kona Ute a while ago, & after trying the heavily swept back bar on that I’m going to give a Mary bar a go next.

matther01
    Free Member

Cheers SSStu. Anyone know of a flat 710mm wide, 8deg backsweep alu bar which isn’t going to break the bank?

shortcut

Easton EC70 works well!

flashes
    Free Member

I rode a mate’s bike with On One Fleegle Pros’ shouldn’t work but do and I couldn’t get on with standard fleegles……..

yossarian
    Free Member
    redfordrider
    Free Member

Race Face Turbine 700mm wide flat bar on both my 29ers.

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ve got Nukeproof Warhead risers on one 29er, and some cheap brand 770mm wide risers on the other 29er. Do your own thing, try it any way you want.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Anyone know of a flat 710mm wide, 8deg backsweep alu bar which isn’t going to break the bank?

I can sell you a used Truvativ Stylo WC bar in that size with a nice matching 75mm stem for a few quid. Email me if you’re interested.

Bazz

Basic On-ones regular flat bar, decent width, decent weight and decent price.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got Sunline V1 flats on my 39’er cut to
    736mm with a 90mm zero rise stem. Narrower & longer than the low rise 745mm V1’s with 65mm zero rise stem on my 26’er

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Enve Sweep

FuzzyWuzzy

Only things you need to worry about is width and back-sweep and both those are largely down to personal taste. Width I’d go wide(ish) and cut down if you need and back sweep you probably need to experiment but I generally find 5-10deg works for me

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    To the OP
    I have a Niner flat 9 alloy bar which I was just going to put on the classifieds.
    Email in profile if you are interested
    Cheers
    Steve

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

+1 for Easton EC70

ocrider

Silly-wide Sunline V1 flats if you can still find them were great for the price I got mine at.
    When I’m riding out to the trails, I like to pretend that I’m driving a bus!

I may cut them back a cm or two one of these days.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I like the On One Fleegles, personally. Look a bit odd initially but work really well.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Best Flat Bar for 29er’ is closed to new replies.