Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Best car lease deals?
  • cb

There was a lot of discussion a couple of years ago about great lease deals on Skodas – we went for a Yeti and are very happy with it.

Time for renewal and Yeti deals still around but can’t find much else on the bargain front – any ideas?

We would like something Yeti sized although doesn’t have to be 4×4. It needs to be a two year deal. Can be diesel or petrol. Around 8k miles a year.

Not interested in buying – just PCH.

Cheers

5lab
    cb

Thanks for that 5lab, I understand a little more about where all these high end cars come from now!

cheers_drive

There aren’t as many good lease deals as there was 2 years ago. Had a Octavia Scout on a great deal and it’s being replaced next week by a Superb SE Tech which was a great deal too but about the only one there was 3 months ago when I ordered.

cb

where did you get the Superb from please?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just had a Kia optima estate. Lad I met many moons ago at a camp site runs the business. 146/month for two years with 1300 down. Stupid stupid cheap for the 10k per annum. He has regular random deals on not so popular cars.

cb

which company wrightyson?

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s best to shop around on the broker sites, the bargains come from a combination of cost, retained value and ‘manufacturer support’ which is just another word for discount, which of course is another word for cost but it gives an idea of why some cars seem really cheap.

Case in point the last Golf R, it wasn’t a great seller in the early days because it cost an awful lot more than a GTI and wasn’t an awful lot better, through fear of being left with a load of unsold Golf Rs and a new one due VW massively discounted them, but they kept their final values because Fast Golfs usually do – so they became cheaper to lease than the GTi, GTD and GTE in some places – £250-£275 a month if you shopped around.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member
    cheers_drive

Yes what car is good for manufacturer deals via dealers.
    My Superb deal was from Horton Skoda

johndoh
    Free Member

Some great deals on Volvo XC60s (outgoing style) right now – just got an RDesign 4WD for £250 a month on 8k per year – 3 months advance payment , 3 year deal.

ac505
    Free Member

Just took delivery of a Golf R estate, 10K miles per year, 2 year deal, three months up front, £304 per month. I had originally planned to buy a secondhand, but I felt depreciation would be more so opted for the lease. Now I can “make progress” or alternatively just drive it like a normal car because that is what it is.

cb

johndoh – where was the xc60 from please?

For reference, current deal was 2k down and 175pm over 2 years. Would like something for simialr money but offers seems scarce. Audi A4 1.4TSI seems to be the exception at the moment coming in at around 200pm

geoffj

+1

andrewreay

For the XC60 deals, just use the What Car Leasing link above. There’s loads.

For a current crazy example (bit like the Golf Rs) how about a Mercedes E Class estate?

National Vehicle Solutions have a near top of the range AMG Line model with the 220d engine at about £315 per month (VAT Inc)!

Deposit a whisker over £2k.

That’s an incredible amount of nice car with a 9 speed box and more sporty extras than you can shake a dipstick at.

The catch is mileage.

The deal is based on a paltry 5k p.a.

E Class Estate AMG Line National Vehicle Solns

If you shift that mileage up to 10k p.a. the monthlies rise to over £360.

But just to show how odd the lease deals are, a much lower spec SE is over £420 per month on the same deposit and 5k miles with the same provider.

Even with the low miles, that AMG Line is a very tempting offer.

cb

The merc looks great but out of budget still. Can’t say that I can see any xc60 deals at 3+ and 250pm on the What Car link? All seem much pricier than that?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Claris solutions.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP the Yeti is being replaced by a new and imo better looking model later this year – Karoq. Prices are supposed to be very similar. I like the Yeti but wife thinks it is too boxy, the new model I am optimistic will pass her eye test.

DrP

We got a yeti on £2.5k upfront, and £119 per month (2 year deal).
    Top of the range 1.4tsi L+K model.
    It’s a really nice car to drive.
    MPG is a bit poor – about 33-37ish (our 2l TDI would get 40-50 easily).

However, it’s a much nice place to be, and the fuel cost isn’t that damaging.

The yeti is lovely to drive, good visibility, and i love the high spec trim – panoramic roof etc etc!

DrP

cb

DrP – recent? Where from please?

Jamba – do you mean retail prices will be similar or lease costs – they don’t always seem to match! We’re pretty stuck for having to replace in August.

DrP

it was a ‘simpsons skoda’ PCH deal at the beginning of the year. My local skoda garage matched it. It might not be running any more though..

DrP

jambalaya
    Free Member

Retail prices. All my info comes from WhatCar. Have to replace in August ? Worth checking rental prices for maybe less than brand new cars as there are deals about to tide you over for a few months or take a risk on aused car and resell it ? Happy shopping.

johndoh
    Free Member

Mill Volvo but the finance was through Lex Autolease. Apparently Mill bought up a whole shed-load of them when they became available (with the new model being released).

cb

johndoh – thanks, looks a good option.

cb

Just as way of an update

Found a good deal on a VW Tiguan at 1300 down and 226 a month for 2 years. 2.0TDI 150SE Nav.

Surprised just how nice these motors are!

All I can say after trawling the showrooms is that the industry must be doing pretty well. Ignored in most show rooms including the local VW place. Now ordering from 150 miles away with free delivery..

Seat dealer was by far the most welcoming, the Ateca is nice but too spendy.

rone

We got a yeti on £2.5k upfront, and £119 per month (2 year deal).
    Top of the range 1.4tsi L+K model.
    It’s a really nice car to drive.
    MPG is a bit poor – about 33-37ish (our 2l TDI would get 40-50 easily).

However, it’s a much nice place to be, and the fuel cost isn’t that damaging.

The yeti is lovely to drive, good visibility, and i love the high spec trim – panoramic roof etc etc!

DrP

We did well on that too. £2k down and £135 on the L&K which I agree is down on fuel compared to my 1.2tsi SEL DSG.

Next time will be a karoq or Kodiaq, or the tiguan which has been on some fab deals.

bigdean

Look at jet finance leasing. They have an Astra for £140.
    I’ve had the 150bhp elite model. Its a nice place and if driven sensibly now get mid 40’s MPG.

£1500 initial payment and 140/ month and that includes tyres and other stuff.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Best car lease deals?’ is closed to new replies.