Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best Brake Pads (Hope Tech M4)?
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

I have a set of the hope tech M4's and the brake pads squeal like pig when wet! I have used the search and can't find anything – so the question is what are the best brake pads on the market for the Hope tech M4's and WON'T squeal in the wet!! Sintered I have heard stop the squealing…is this right? Great if so, but then which are the best pads on the Market?

foxyrider
    Free Member

sintered hope stock pads for me 🙂 get em nice and hot to bed in but in the really wet weather most brakes squeal until they dry off no?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Goodridge Sintered. By a country mile

mojo5pro
    Free Member

In the dry I think the standard resin pads grip the best but they are awful in the wet, both for lack of bite and squeal.
    In my experience sintered pads don't have the same 'grab' as resin pads in the dry but beat them handsdown in wet and don't squeal as much. As foxyrider said, I'd recommend bedding them in (although some folks disagree). I've always used hope sintered pads so can't comment on any others.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Thanks guys – will have a look at the sintered hopes & goodridge pads then

carlosg
    Free Member

if you can find somewhere that still has 4 pot shimano xt pads they're rather good and fit the hope system.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best Brake Pads (Hope Tech M4)?’ is closed to new replies.