Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Berghaus jacket fit?
  • Albanach
    Free Member

How do they fit agains other brands? I’m looking at a Velum III on sportpursuit are they athletic slim fit or standard/loose? I’m a 45″ chest but tempted by the XXL which according to their site is 48″-50″. Cheers

onandon
    Free Member

Can you just send it back if it doesn’t fit ?

loddrik
    Free Member

Berghaus is like north face in that they are more generously sized than rab etc.

footflaps

Can you just send it back if it doesn’t fit ?

This, you can claim back the return postage via Paypal (or at least could). Was a slight faff.

You can’t claim back the postage to you though, so you’ll pay £5/6 for trying it on.

Just order 2-3 and sends the ones back you don’t like.

Edit: Free returns still

Free UK returns and Extended Xmas Returns period

We’re currently offering FREE UK RETURNS with Royal Mail on orders placed up until the end of January 2017. Just follow the usual process to request your return (see SportPursuit Returns), and once you have your Returns Authorisation Number go to https://www.royalmail.com/track-my-return/create/1177 to print your free Royal Mail returns label. For more information see Free UK Returns.

In addition to this offer, we’re extending the returns period for orders placed during November and December 2016, which will be valid for return until the end of January 2017. For more information see Christmas 2016 Delivery & Returns.

bone_idle
    Free Member

My Vapour storm Jacket is athletic slim fit and on the small size for a large. Love it to, best jacket I have owned

Albanach
    Free Member

Cheers folks. I’m in Ireland so would prefer not to have to go the expense of paying for shipping and return.

matt_outandabout

Our staff issue Berghaus HydroTrek jackets are more roomy but shorter than Montane, marginally slimmer than my Mountain Equipment jacket.

Fwiw, I think the build quality and design are not as good as it should be. Silly seam placements and some iffy stitching, plus the hood isn’t as good as Montane.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

I normally find berghaus kit on the larger side. I’m comfortably a large in berghause where as normally have to go up to an XL in the likes of montane and mountain equipment, but still normally a large in RAB (although rab seem to size differently to most)

km79
    Free Member

Their range will cover both loose and althletic fit depending on individual product.

footflaps

marginally slimmer than my Mountain Equipment jacket.

wow, is that possible? ME have the narrowest fit I’ve ever seen, can’t even get a Medium over my shoulders without risking splitting a seam, whereas comfortably fit medium in most other makes….

Edit. although Black Diamond is quite small fit, am Large in most of their kit.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Berghaus jacket fit?’ is closed to new replies.