Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Benifits of buying local !!
  • TheDBF
    Free Member

What are they exactly ?

For example, I'm looking to buy a Spesh stumpy, and probably new, but the attitude of the owner is shocking, he's well known for it apparently.

Ideally I'd like to buy local but don't really want to give this arse my business, but what is to be lost or gained buying on t'internet and not from him.

gee
    Free Member

Buy from another local shop?

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

yep id agree,go to the next spesh dealer…..give em a chance before you hit the return button on the pc… 😆

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Don't know if it's a specialized thing 😉
    but seriously, our speccy dealer is appalling too, his answer to most questions is, "there's a catalogue down there"

singlespeedstu

My local Specialized dealer's exactly like that.

Maybe that's why there hasn't been one of their bikes in my garage for a very long time.

ojom
    Free Member

Not all of us are fannies.

Just buy from where you feel happiest.

cynic-al
    Free Member

But you're a fanny Mark?

ojom
    Free Member

Yes, you may actually be right there.

Kuco

When I was trying to get a DEMO7 frame last year most of the Specialized dealers I spoke to were helpful. Most offered to ring Specialized UK to see if they had a frame in stock (which I knew they didn't)

Wookster

The lbs near me is a spesh dealer and they are just great mate I'd go else where!

TheDBF
    Free Member

Phoned the next nearest dealer, and tbh, he couldn't have been more helpful if he tried, was even going to fone me when he got home from his shop.Looks like I'll be doing a bit of travelling 8)

geoffj

There are two LBS in my neck of the woods. Once is great, the owner of the other appears to be bipolar.

M6TTF
    Free Member

My local dealer dies spesh and they are brilliant – it's down to the staff not the brand

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Benifits of buying local !!’ is closed to new replies.