Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Benicassim
  • jayro
    Free Member

anyone been before? going for the first time this year, can’t wait 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Always wanted to go…well Sonar more really….got fed up of trying to organise people. Might just go on my tod next year.

jayro
    Free Member

same last year, couldnt get organised for flights in time.. Looked at sonar but its the same time as exams so beni it is 🙂 European festivals are definately a pain in the arse to organise haha

onehundredthidiot

Go often but then my sister lives there 🙂

ComradeD
    Free Member

went 3 years ago.

Cracking festival. Music was great and really compact. Lots of nice looking spanish women about.

Was really hot when i went and the tent area is like a sauna, too hot to sleep in the day so everyone just goes down to beach and sleeps there. Hard work when on a come down. Don’t expect to sleep for the whole weekend.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I’ve wanted to go to this for years!

Sonic Youth seem to always do the ‘even’ years so will try and go next year.

chamley
    Free Member

Yeah I went in 2007, what an incredible festival! All the annoying bits from british festivals seemed non existant – foul toilets? nope. Expensive beer? nope. terrible food choice? nope. rain? er what’s that?!

We did the full week of camping and we all started to lose the plot with the heat by the end!! What helped was that we brought a big thick tarpaulin and tied it up over our tents, it kept the sun off for a bit longer and gaves us a few more hours sleep.

jayro
    Free Member

might be hard work being a ginger with all the heat!

It’ll be a nice change from 6 inches of mud and flooded tents at british festivals though! We’re doing the full week of camping aswell, going to try and get onto the campsite nearest the beach. Just comandeered a hammock from the shed so i’ll need somewhere to string that up 😀

t_i_m
    Free Member

Been a few times around 6-10 years ago.
    It was a lot better before all the Brits turned up!
    Still a great festival though.
    It’s def worth booking into a hotel or apartment if you can. as others have said, the festival goes on late into the night, with headline acts not finishing until 3am or later/earlier (you know what i mean!). So that give you very little time before the sun hits you tent and it becomes unusable.
    Other alternatives are:
    – book into a local camp site as it will have trees to shade your tent.
    – take a cheap garden marque and remove most of the legs, so that its just a couple of feet off the ground. Nice and cool.

If you’ve got the budget, I’d recommend flying to Barcelona and spending a day or two there. Then train/drive to Port Adventura (on the way to Benicassim), which is an excellent water park and theme park (worth a day in each and there is a hotel on site).

Have fun

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Benicassim’ is closed to new replies.