Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ben Avon from the north – anyone ridden it?
  • Sanny
    Free Member

So I have a plan to ride Ben Avon and Beinn a Bhuird from the north as opposed to the usual Braemar side. Has anyone done this? Looks pretty promising from a bit of research on tinterweb.

Cheers

Sanny

oldbloke
    Free Member

Yes. Although there’s a bit of pushing, there’s more riding than I expected. Not the most exciting route in the world, but if you really want to ride over those two hills, it is a pleasant enough day out.

scotroutes

Funny – I was looking across at Ben Avon earlier today and remembered there’s a couple of Tops on the north side that have so far escaped my attention.

Sanny
    Free Member

Cheers for that guys!

So did you complete the move on Friday then, Scotroutes?

Fancy joining me for a wee mooch up there? Rob and Andy have given me some interesting route tips including a connecting trail from Slugain across to the climb up Beinn a Bhuird from the south. 😀

bajsyckel

Bumping up an old thread to see if anyone can offer any advice on this?

Starting from Tomintoul, after a spin along the Avon, can anyone offer advice on the track up from just above the Linn of Avon (the track that runs N-S across Carn Fiaclach and appears fairly prominent up to Big Brae before petering out (?)? It looks pretty decent in passing and in the walker’s photos I’ve seen but was wondering of any experiences of it, especially what the ground is like higher up.

Only times I’ve been up there has been under lots of snow (ski touring, and generally from the South, like all the rides in I’ve heard of) so would be interested to see if it’s a goer with the bike instead.

Cheers!

(edit) Or any other approaches from Tomintoul area estate tracks (but not Loch Builg approaches, which I imagine are dire).

bajsyckel

Bump for the dayshift… anyone???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ben Avon from the north – anyone ridden it?’ is closed to new replies.