Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mmmm, Belgium beers – La Chouffe, Westmalle Tripel, Kastell Bier, Kwak – yum!!
  • psychle
    Free Member

Whilst in Eastbourne this weekend, I ‘discovered’ the rather excellent Belgium Cafe, home of delicious moules and a huge selection of beers… on Saturday I had the ‘house’ moules (traditional with white wine and cream), bloody huge serving so only had room for one La Chouffe, albeit a 75cl bottle, very tasty it was to!

In fact, the whole lunch was so tasty, and the beer menu so extensive and tempting, that I went back on Sunday for another round… this time went for a smaller serving of mussels to leave room for a few more beers 😆 … Tried the Kwak, Westmalle Tripel (a ‘trappist’ brew’) and then a Kasteel Bier to finish (11%!)… all very very nice!

All in all, a top little restaurant/bar and well worth the ride from Winchester to Eastbourne to visit, be sure to drop in if you’re ever down that way (if you’re a beer lover of course!)

ton

vedette is lush too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Meanwhile, in that there London – http://www.caskpubandkitchen.com/

Get on it, Psychle…!

derek_starship
    Free Member

They are good but must be respected and handled carefuly

A bottle of Chimay being poured earlier.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That Cask place looks good. Bin meaning to give it a go for a while now. Is it very poncey?

Whaddya reckon Psy? We could go there and bully Flashy! 😀

Mussels are really easy to cook. I do them in butter with a touch of garlic and a teeny bit of chilli, with a sprinkling of chopped corriander. Salt, pepper, squeeze of lemon. On toast.

Sublime…

ollie
    Free Member

Tripel Karmeliet.

brassneck

Kwak is far too easy on the tastebuds for the strength of it.

My fave is still the blond house beer in t’Pakhuis, Antwerpen. They are bottling it now I hear so next time I’m over I’m bringing back a years supply.

Corsendonck is another grower, it’s my colleagues home town brew so I get it for Christmas 😀

For any other veggie Belgian beer fans, the mussels may be substituted with frites and a gallon of mayo. Mmmmmmmmm…….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it very poncey?

Well, they let Stoner in, so read in to that what you will…..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, I doubt he’d actually go anywhere that wasn’t poncey, so fair point Flashy.

Don’t matter though. Me and Psy in there will lower the tone sufficiently to an acceptable level. 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Karmeliet Tripel remains my favourite….

psychle
    Free Member

That Cask place does indeed look good, was hoping there’d be such a thing in That London (like there wouldn’t be, this place has everything!)… defo up for a sample of their list, I know the good Captain and Stoner met up for a drink a while back (was it there?), let’s try to sort out a date for a future visit, what works for ya’ll?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wednesdays are a safe bet I think. Stoner and Flashy won’t dare come along if I’m there though. Too scared of meeting an actual Council Estate Scrote. 😀

And Psy; we ought to have a Kebab Night™ soon as well. That place in Dalston I go to sometimes. Proper lovely food. Then a nice bimble to Stokey or somewhere for a pint.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh, and Flashy (and indeed anyone into art and that); if you jolly well have not already, NPG BP Portrait Award 2011 exhib. Stunning.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mmmm, Belgium beers – La Chouffe, Westmalle Tripel, Kastell Bier, Kwak – yum!!’ is closed to new replies.