Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Belgian beer – where from?
  • warton
    Free Member

Anyone else order anything from the Belgian Beer Factory? I ordered a week ago, and aside from an email to say “thanks, we’ve taken your money”, I’ve had no other communication. No response to an email I sent this morning either.

I’m not expecting next day delivery, but it’d be nice to know it’ll arrive before Xmas.

Yeah I ordered on Monday, I emailed Thursday, and got a response Saturday. they said to expect shipping this week. Doubt I’d use again to be honest.

brant
    Free Member

New bottle shop called Drink? opened in Hebden Bridge.
    Run by Dan and Mart from Bridestones.
    All sorts in there.

Haze

woody2000 – Member
    Cheers
    Has yours arrived yet?

Took about 2 weeks, there’s also another glass to follow once it’s in stock. I had to email again to find that out so another couple of days there!

Could be quicker but will remember to order ahead a bit in future, not complaining for €5 delivery.

woody2000

Cheers again Haze

I’m not bothered about slow delivery really, like you say for a fiver or so it’s good value. Lack of comms a bit of a pain though, will mention it to them when (if) they reply.

They’re probably all pissed 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I just ordered from the BBF on the back of this thread. Just before you guys started posting that you had all been tucked up right and proper.
    If On One owned beer shops Hmm?
    Not bothered about waiting a week or so. Just means there is more chance that there will be some left come Chrimbo.

Haze

Overall I’m pretty happy, as Woody said though the communication could be better.

If I was in a rush I’d go elsewhere a probably pay a premium for postage…

Haze

And right on cue they mail about the glass.

Might put another order in while I’m at it…

johnj2000
    Free Member

I sent a message about the kegs they sell,and it took a long time to get a response but they apologised for the delay and said it wasn’t their usual standards but we’re I credibly busy at the moment. Seemed genuine. I am not going to order as I am pretty sure I can get Leffe for the same price in Tesco but if I had any experience of the other beers they do I would be on it like a shot with the fiver delivery.

warton
    Free Member

12 days now. No shipping email, and no response to an Email i sent on Wednesday. I’d prefer to pay double the postage for a better service. Dreadful.

Haze

Ordered a crate of Orval since I’m having the glass delivered 😉

Told it will probably be January since they’re really busy.

Guess they’re a small team who are probably swamped, can’t be that difficult to have someone replying to emails though?

Haze

£6.75 delivery from that beermerchants link if I’m reading it right.

Prices are a tad higher but might be worth putting a basket together and comparing the overall cost since they’re stating a 5 day max. delivery.

johnj2000
    Free Member

In the end I just went onto the Waitrose website and chose a selection of interesting beers. Might have cost me more but I don’t think so, delivery was free and 15 quid off for first order.

woody2000

Looks like my Xmas beer might be more like New Year beer 🙁

Got this last Thurs but I’ve not had anything today as yet. That’ll teach me to want to buy belgian beer from Belgium! 🙂

Thank you for contacting Belgian Beer Factory.

Let me start with apologizing for this late reply. I’m really sorry. You deserve better service than this. November and December are always quite overwhelming for me and therefore I’m able to reply to my mails a few times a week. I apologize for this inconvenience.

In the beginning of next week you will receive more shipping information about your order including a tracking code / link.

Thank you very much and I apologize for the delay.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I got a positive ‘thanks for placing order and payment’ email a week ago today with promise of a tracking code to follow. Nothing yet.

brassneck

Corsendonk. But I have a colleague (friend really now) who lives locally, and he posts for Christmas 😀

I’ve worked my way through a fair chunk of the beers available (though even my friends in the Antwerp area think it isn’t possible to get close to trying all) and I still do like Hoegaarden the most I think. I also like Fruli, but got railed by a bunch of students for drinking ‘womens beer’.

dudeofdoom

Well ordered when everyone else did and just got a tracking so they are shipping stuff…

Must also admintto also like a refreshing Hoe 🙂

MrGreedy

Looks like BBF are a victim of their own success – damn all you discerning beer drinkers! I just got the email below asking whether I want to cancel my order. As I’m not in a hurry to get it I’m happy to wait, but if you’re planning an order before Christmas you might want to look elsewhere.

I did my best to pack and ship your beers as soon as possible, but unfortunately I have to tell you that I will not be able to deliver the beers before Christmas. So please tell me what you want me to do? Should I ship your order as soon as possible, even though it may not arrive before Christmas or should I refund the money?

Last few months have really been overwheling for me. I started this web shop around 16 months ago as as student. I used to work in an offline Belgian beer store and I really wanted to sell these excellent beers to other European beer enthusiasts. So actually this is my first real Christmas period and I never thought it would be such a success. I really, really regret this situation and I would like to apologize for this inconvenience. You deserve much better service than this.
    Therefore I would like to offer 2 free beers if you ever plan on ordering again, in order to compensate you for this late delivery.

Thank you very much and once again I apologize for this inconvenience.

woody2000

Well, I got an email yesterday tea time saying it had been dispatched (with a tracking link), but the info on the tracking link says basically “pick up booked” & hasn’t changed.

We shall see! My liver may be grateful if it takes a while to arrive 🙂

warton
    Free Member

Update 🙂

So after emailing to cancel my order on Thursday, I got a dispatch email on Monday, but as above with no tracking info on the tracking link.

Then yesterday I got an email saying although I got a tracking email they won’t actually ship till after Christmas. So, if anyone else got a tracking email I wouldn’t read much into it.

Overall, not a great experience, I need to check if they’ve actually taken payment now. I can live with busy at this time of year, but this had been a totally new experience 😆

chipster

rogermoore – Member
    http://www.bierhuis.co.uk/products/belgian-beer
    They have Orval on their webstore.
    RM

The wife and I have been over to the Bierhuis shop this afternoon.
    Not being much of a Belgian beer drinker, I took a shortlist of recommendations from this thread.
    I got Karmeliet Triple, Orval and St Feuillien, just a couple of each.
    Also, Thornbridge Jaipur, Marble Dobber and 2, 5 litre casks, one Bradfield Farmers Blonde and an Ossett Nervous Turkey.
    While I was in there, someone asked for and took some Schenkerla Smokebeer, so I got a couple of those. Will I die?

Haze

Maybe, but merrily.

iain1775
    Free Member

Bit of a mini PSA but 750ml bottles of Leffe are currently 3 for £6 in Tesco,offer runs until 3rd Jan

I discovered this yesterday evening, my head hurt this morning 😀

cheshirecat
    Free Member

With immaculate timing, my order from Belgian Beer Factory arrived this morning 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Hooray! Merry Christmas to you!

I am still waiting for my tracking code. Maybe that will be my early Christmas prezzy.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Leffe £2.50 for 750ml at Tesco for the great unwashed like me.

Haze

cheshirecat – Member
    With immaculate timing, my order from Belgian Beer Factory arrived this morning

Happy Christmas! 😀

woody2000

Mine arrived 30 minutes ago, merry Xmas!

3 leffe for £6 when I called in t’other day al 🙂

palmer77
    Free Member

Just arrived 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Nice one Palmer! At least we know it is a real thing then and I didn’t just dream placing a Christmas beer order.
    Still no word here yet.

woody2000

Can’t believe you’re hasn’t arrived yet Jef, that’s pretty poor. Has BBF not got back to you at all? They were slow responding to me, but I always got a reply eventually.

Sui
    Free Member

if you live in the south, then pop over to Vanuxeem in Belgium, nice easy day trip and uber cheap beer

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I just looked in my phone to see when I last received an email from them, only to find one from just now saying I can expect delivery today!
    Brugze Zot anyone?!

palmer77
    Free Member

I ordered on the 9th December so over a month to ship!!!

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I think we have a well meaning web designer in Belgium who thought of a lovely idea. Got a little more exposure than he thought he would get and has been playing catch up ever since.
    Bless.
    Still, all I have to do is think about that crate of Zot waiting for me (maybe) and all is forgiven.

Haze

Had my DPD email today, it’s taken a while but to be fair he did warn me it would be mid-January.

I’m celebrating by ordering a crate of Chimay White…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Beer arrived yesterday. Very nice too!

I’d forgotten that I had ordered some Brugze Zot glasses as well. Ooh la la, get me!

Haze

Orval and new drinking vessel has arrived safe & well…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Gradually sampling my way thru this lot

rewski
    Free Member

This is pretty special, dark and strong. I use alesbymail.co.uk, and utobeer and bottle dog.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Belgian beer – where from?’ is closed to new replies.