• This topic has 25 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Being Jedi'd tomorrow – what's the pedalling to coasting/standing around ratio?
  • IHN

So, four of us are off for a session with Jedi tomorrow, and we range from pretty much novice to pretty experienced.

The forecast is for (quite a lot of) snow and if we’re lucky the temperature may get above freezing.

Normally I’d err on the side of being a bit cool, as I know I’ll warm up whilst pedalling. However, I’m thinking that there might be quite a lot of standing around tomorrow (not in a bad way, I mean when he’s telling us stuff or we’re watching each other try stuff).

Am I right? Should I layer up?

qwerty
    Free Member

Surely air time should be a consideration, no?

IHN

Air time?

We haven’t met, have we.

chiefgrooveguru

You won’t be doing enough pedalling to keep warm – layer up!

damion
    Free Member

I’d put money on Tony getting the fire lit, but still, wrap up real warm

thepurist

FTFY

Air time?

I haven’t been Jedi’d yet, have I?.

Dress warm-ish – you want your body to last as long as your mind does. You won’t be far from the car so if you’re bothered take extra stuff & leave it in there.

sam_underhill

Just wait until you get so excited and start running up the hill to have another go. Then you’ll warm up!

Last weekend in the pissing rain and cold, it was only the skinniest one of our group that felt the cold. But he was wearing shorts.

Best bike upgrade ever. I am still grinning with the knowledge that I cleared the table top and gap jump. Previous to this by wheels barely left the ground.
    I know I’ll be going back to improve my riding further.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ask Tony

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I was with him 2 weeks ago also on a cold day where it snowed. Pack a few extra layers you can always take them off, his site is compact enough for you to take a layer off and leave it on the side of the trail or pop back to your car if you are to hot.

I got a little cold in the first hour where their has to be a bit more talking but after that I was fine, plenty of riding / pushing back up hills to keep warm. I wore 1 extra layer on my top.

Have a brilliant day he is a great and very talented guy. I wouldn’t worry at all about your differing levels of skill now I have met him, he will bring out the best in every ability.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Don’t ask Tony for all his amazing ability to teach and ride a bike he stood in the snow wearing shorts all day when I was their. I think his Jedi powers must keep him warm.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

It’s quite quick fire, so by the time you’ve pushed back up the hills, you’re riding again. You’ll get warm, and as has been said, the car will be a minute away so take whatever you think you may need.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Air time?

We haven’t met, have we.

Same here.. couldnt’ jump for toffee

This is me being jedi’d

miss that bike 🙁

jedi

Awesome conditions today. Cold and grippy.
    Layer up as there’s a bit of demoing etc first

I_Ache
    Free Member

I don’t remember doing much peddling a couple of weeks ago. He does actively encourage walking back up the hills, a man after my own heart.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

jedi is the log bit from the photo involved now?

xiphon
    Free Member

That’s not jumping!? Not quite sure how you’ve been Jedi’d?

jedi

Rob,
    That was at woburn.

portlyone

Make sure Solarpowered is doing 360 tail whips by the end of it! 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Jedi – do you do sessions at woburn – if so i and 2 others are in!

jedi

I don’t coach there as herts is better for it 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

So.. how did you get on?

IHN

It was good, although we suffered a bit ‘cos of the weather. We couldn’t do all the stuff Tony wanted us to and we had to bin it off eventually as the weather just go too bad. We’re going back though.

I still gnarled the radical air to the max, man.

More here:

http://ukbikeskills.blogspot.co.uk/

maxtorque

jedi –
    I don’t coach there as herts is better for it

TRANSLATION: They don’t let me set fire to stuff at Woburn……..

😉

dantsw13

My day at Herts changed my riding hugely!! It’s the little bits of technique that all add up to improved flow!!

solarpowered
    Free Member

It was ruddy cold!!!! No lies just ruddy ruddy cold! But by eck it was worth it! Not only did we have a giggle with a wonderful man but I GOT AIR!!! Yes, did everyone hear me? I GOT AIR !

No really, it was brilliant and I just wished the weather had looked more favourably on us. I learnt a lot and we are off to practice the tips weve been taught on friday… Can’t wait! Thank you to a very normal, lovely person… Hope we can meet you again – will give you a few nice recipes the next time as its nice to share! 🙂

jedi

was proper fun wasn’t it 😀
    cant beleive how cold it was!!!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Being Jedi'd tomorrow – what's the pedalling to coasting/standing around ratio?’ is closed to new replies.