Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Before I ring Orange, does anyone know…
  • igm

…if the maxle rear end for a Five can be bought separately and if it can be fitted to a 2005 front end? I think the answers are yes and yes (and possibly why – creaking and I like the way the bolt through front end works so that’s why), but has anyone done it / priced it / check it out?

jam-bo

Dunno but I’m running a 10mm bolt up rear wheel in my 2005 five

Rorschach
    Free Member

Replacement swingarm for a an 07 patriot was £320…TRADE!

igm

Rorschach – ouch! add in a service for my shock and I might as well sell the frame and buy a new one.

jam bo – Interesting – 10mm fits the standard dropouts OK? Thought they were 9mm? And can I convert a Hope Pro II to 10mm (without resorting to machining bits specially)?

z1ppy

[Url=http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hope-pro-2-135mm-qr-stiffening-up-options]some options[/URL]

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I seem to recall it’s £500 to have a new a maxle swingarm fitted (and painted)to an existing frame.

jam-bo

fits fine, quite snug. it was a wheel I had from my SX trail.

runs central in the frame as wheel unlike the bulb/721 that i had in there before.

igm

OK – next question

The bolt on option is presumably a cheap steel allen bolt into a slightly more expensive aluminium axle, but are any of the bolt through options steel or Ti (other than a bit of 10mm rod and an M10 tap and die set)? – I have a morbid fear of aluminium screw threads.

igm

And thanks for the info so far by the way, I can see a decent way forwards here.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

You can get a 10mm bolt thru and get a 10mm saint (or other axle) and pop a bolt on the end…i would imagine it would be heavier though.

I have the 10mm bolt up and i’m not worried about the alu threads…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Before I ring Orange, does anyone know…’ is closed to new replies.