Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Been offered a wheel with an old Hope hub on it
  • tmb467
    Free Member

But no spacers

It’s not a pro 2 – photos show the bearings sat in the hub with not much space between the bearing and hub body

I used to have ones like it but don’t know if it’s a bulb – xc – or big un

Should take a 20mm axle – where do I get the spacers and what do I need to Ask for?

Cheers

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Pic?

Onzadog
    Free Member

If it takes a 20mm axle, it’s a bulb. The question is, is it a 5 bolt or 6 bolt mount and are you looking for 9mm qr spacers or 20mm thru axle?

Basically, there’s no “new” stuff out there for bulb hubs anymore so you’re just begging from people’s spares bin now.

tmb467
    Free Member

Yeah – that’s what I thought.

It’s 6 bolt and 20mm – think he’s got spacers now. Failing that he reckons pro 2 spacers fit fine (he’s used em before)

kcal

could try contacting Hope as well, see if they can help with identity & spares?

tmb467
    Free Member

Yeah – that’s part of the plan 🙂

Cheers

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Pro 2 spacers don’t fit bulb.

globalti
    Free Member

Just save yourself the time and phone Hope; you will find them unbelievably helpful.

Phil_H

Hope don’t have bulb spacers anymore. I tried to order some a couple of years ago.
    They come up on ebay now and again.

alanf
    Free Member

Pro II spacers should fit the hub but the hub wont then fit in your forks.
    I think one spacer can be reduced by about 5mm so it then fits the forks.
    It is one way that the Bulb can be used with a 15mm axle so should in theory be possible with the 20mm spacers, I think the cir-clip fitment is the same for both.

tmb467
    Free Member

much thanks for everything posted so far

I’ll speak to Hope and see if they can help somehow – and it was only cheap (as are the Pro 2 spacers) so happy to bodge something in the meantime

chestrockwell

Ask on retrobike if you have no joy with Hope.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Been offered a wheel with an old Hope hub on it’ is closed to new replies.