Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Beating a Viral Infection
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Anyone got any tips?

My little daughter was ill all last week with one, she’s fine now but I started feeling a little off Saturday and really sealed the deal with a couple of hours riding Afan in the sleet and rain.

So my head is pounding, I’ve got a horrible fever (controlled with paracetamol) and my neck is stiff / sore and I’ve got an uplift ticket for BPW Saturday.

Any magic cures?

midlifecrashes

http://www.ehealingsolutions.com/

Medical Intuition and Energy Healing — natural healing tools widely used throughout the world — might provide insights necessary for healing your whole being instead of disease, as in the case with ‘traditional’ medical methods. The main focus of these intuitive arts is identifying the underlying cause of any disorder, whether it’s physical, emotional, mental or spiritual – energetic imbalance, and removing it.

When the body’s energy flows freely and vitalizes the cells of the organs, tissues, blood and bones at an optimal level, we are in perfect health. When this flow becomes blocked for any reason, the body cells, deprived of the essential life force, become weakened and eventually diseased.

To regain our health and wellbeing, we must begin by restoring our energy flow to a natural state of balance. Only when the energy system is repaired, the physical body will start healing itself.

Can’t see how you could go wrong there.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m reading that as “jam a couple of AAs up my arse?”

I_did_dab
    Free Member

rest, fluids, paracetamol/ibuprofen

Kryton57

I_did_dab – Member
    rest, fluids, paracetamol/ibuprofen

Having been through 2 cycles of viral chest infections since November, I didn’t rest the first and it took approx 6 weeks to recover.

This time around I’ve rested, use Night Nurse to sleep yet no medicines during the day to let my body rid itself of phlegm etc, stopped “turboing” and riding and eat well and I’m feeling about 90% after 2 and a half weeks.

Its a pain in the arse to not do stuff, to watch riding opportunities / training time drift away, but it is for the greater good.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

If you want to recover quickly.
    Then taking paracetamol/ibuprofen is accutally not advised.

Fever is part of the bodies immune system and it helps iradicate virus’s quicker.

For a fairly healthy adult the only reason to take paracetamol/ibuprofen is to reduce the pain of the fever so you can get on with doing other things. However this can slow down how long it takes to recover overall.

NEw Scientist Link thingy

globalti
    Free Member

If you leave the virus to run its course it will go away in about a week.

If you take medicines to reduce the symptoms you’ll get rid of it in seven days.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

This is getting ridiculous now. I’ve never been so ill. Around Christmas I had a cold. Then a viral chest infection. At the end of January I got a throat infection.

Went to the doctors who took my bloods. The results showed I had signs of infection and a remarkably low cholesterol level (Total 2.6). Recommended that I come back in two weeks for another blood test.

Now I feel like I’m coming down with a throat infection again and due for a repeat blood test on Monday. its really annoying me now.

Mackem

Sounds like you need a few burgers and kebabs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Beating a Viral Infection’ is closed to new replies.