Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • BC can do one!
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Worse than the UCI, Bridges burnt, time to move on.

XCracer are good for hosting sign on but any other options?

Event insurance is any easy one to sort and loads cheaper than BC.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So what have they done this time? At least they recognise XC as it’s olympic.
    It seems to be purely racers association with a massive emphasis on the ones that get medals. You see it most on their twitter feed focussing on a regional road race in the rain while there are brits winning DH world cups

whatnobeer
    Free Member

What have they done to upset you? I assume you’re organising an event and they’re making life difficult?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

You could always speak to Gorrick, who set up their own registration system (MBSA).

Don’t know if they would want to host your sign on too but it wouldn’t hurt to ask, or they might give you some pointers.

gringojimi
    Free Member

Yep, have a word with Gorrick about the MBSA.

Thetford MTB Racing recently jumped ship from BC and over to MBSA for insurance etc.

scottfitz
    Free Member

You could always speak to Gorrick, who set up their own registration system (MBSA).

Don’t know if they would want to host your sign on too but it wouldn’t hurt to ask, or they might give you some pointers.
    Sound good, I will ask for some advice, we have website so could write a simple program and use paypal. Need to look in to it more. But for the sort term (8 Days) I need a hosting site.

scottfitz
    Free Member

What have they done to upset you? I assume you’re organising an event and they’re making life difficult?

Don’t really want to go into it but I have/am organizing two races this year and BC WONT insure/support/host either of them.

traildog
    Free Member

Yes, we are also having some trouble with BC. The word we have heard (which is rumor so maybe right or wrong) is that they have had a few very big claims and are really having to look closely at what they insure.

Having said that, from the other side as a racer and normal cyclist they were very good at handling the claim of when I cycled into the back of a car. That came to an unbelievable amount of money for the small bit of damage caused.

scruff
    Free Member

Who are MBSA?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

MBSA

Basically Gorrick’s platform for online entries.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Who are MBSA?

I just googled them: http://www.mbsawebsite.com

Northwind

Quite a few events seem to be using Eventbrite for managing signups etc (we use it at work for some big events, it’s pretty good- we ended up picking it up after I saw Muckmedden using it for races, because that’s how pro we are 😳 )

No use for insurance etc obviously!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Quite a few events seem to be using Eventbrite for managing signups etc (we use it at work for some big events, it’s pretty good- we ended up picking it up after I saw Muckmedden using it for races, because that’s how pro we are )

Eventbrite is more expencive than XCracer, I have looked at them before

No use for insurance etc obviously!

http://www.cyclosure.co.uk/ about a half the price of BC.

scottfitz
    Free Member

OK guy just sold out our race, used Moredirt online entry system in the end. Very impressed, very customizable, lots of support, easy to set up, cheaper that BC, the list goes on.

Moredirt from now on.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Is it for a race or a non-timed Sportive?

I’m using BC for the North Pennines MTB Marathon (plug: http://tynevalleymtb.org)
    and they’ve been great

bencooper
    Free Member

<Clicks on thread ready to be offended>

<Reads thread>

<Leaves feeling vaguely unsatisfied>

hels
    Free Member

They have started getting pickier about RAs and Maps etc when they hand out PLI Certs, and I think actually read them now, and I can’t say I blame them. But if you have done those documents and processes properly then you shouldn’t have anything to worry about ?

gearfreak
    Free Member

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but can anyone point me in the direction of good places to try for event insurance…(Pump track challenge, possible dual slalom)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘BC can do one!’ is closed to new replies.