Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Battlestar Gallactica Fans – help I am confused, (Possible spoilers)
  • organic355
    Free Member

Can someone explain who this is (and I expect some comedy replies)

The female cyclon on the baseship in the bathtub, that talks gibberish?

Is she a hybrid, its not the baby hybrid (Sharon & Helos) grown up is it? Who is she? I think I missed the bit where they explain who she is. Is she one of the 7 original cylons?

PS if its gonna spoil the rest of it by telling me then dont .i.e i dont know who the final 5 cylon models are yet. Last ep I saw was were stabuck gets shot down and Dee has to go rescue her, and chief discovers the temple looking for eye of jupiter.

z1ppy

Hey I’ve watched em all and have no idea who she is in the scheme of things (except she drives the basestars)

Is she one 7 original cylons?

Nope that for sure, there all in the fleet

Is there actually a proper guide to what happened in the new series?
    As I’m still confused by it… watched the cylon story the other week & ended up more confused. I still don’t quite understand how starbuck ‘really’ fitted in.

bugger I’ll waste some time on Wiki & report back..

speaker2animals

You are much too early in it to be worrying who the Base star hybrids are. I have yet to see the final part of season 4 (season 5) and up to that point not greatly relevant. BTW – I think they are hybrids in the sense that they are part biological and part technological cylon.

z1ppy

to stop you getting spoilers from the Wiki page, this seems the best description:

The Hybrid
    The Basestar’s internal functions are controlled by a part-biological, part-machine central computer system known as the Hybrid. The biological part of the Hybrid is a female humanoid Cylon-like being, housed inside an immersion tank similar to a Cylon re-birthing tank and attached to the mechanical part of the Basestar computers by umbilicals.[7] The Hybrids do not have a completely human body, but rather appear to be more like cyborgs, consisting of conduits and other connectors mated to, or in place of elements of their bodies. The Hybrid is not one of the “twelve models” of humanoid Cylon, but is a separate model that is essentially another stage in “evolution” from fully mechanical Centurion, to partially biomechanical Raider, to humanoid Cylon. Hybrids are similar to the autonomous biomechanical pilots within Raiders, specially constructed as living computers that manage the autonomic functions of the Basestar, including navigation and FTL jumps, climate control, and the like. The Hybrids are so integrated into the Basestar’s functionality that they are, for all practical purposes, the Basestar.

Basically in the scheme of Battlestar Galatica story line, don’t worry about em…

kimbers

possible spoiler

iirc correctly they were the 1st step in creating human look a like cylons

i think its explained or at least touched on in some of the webisodes- the ones with young tusker adama

which you have to watch in the correct sequence!!!!!!!!

z1ppy

webisodes??????????

What there more to watch? (no bad thing but…. but good god there more!)

Fantasic series we thought, so far from most ppl view of what ‘sci-fi’ is, it’s brilliant, if a little confusing.

Anyone know if the ‘Caprica’ series was worth watching?
    We were a little worn out by the end of “Battlestar”

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Second half of series one had just started on sky one. Started fairly well, gettin pretty complex now

organic355
    Free Member

BSG is great, I dont want ti to end!!

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I watched the first lot of Caprica and I can see why it was cancelled. Half the time it just went now where which is a shame as I think done right it could have been very good.

sausagefingers
    Free Member

i’ve just started watching bsg on sky atlantic so i’m almost at the end of series 2.i’ve no idea who the woman in the bath is,i don’t even know when i’m supposed to watch ‘razor’ for fracks sake

z1ppy

LOL, t’is very confusing. From Wiki again on Razor:

Chronologically, this fits in Season 2 between “The Captain’s Hand” and “Downloaded.”

headfirst
    Free Member

Hybrids do become important in series 5, what with the ‘new hybrid’, can’t say any more than that…

BSG is great, I dont want it to end!!

There is now a BSG-sized hole in my wife and I’s life. It’s been about a month now… we’ll get over it eventually…. 😥

john_drummer
    Free Member

watch Razor between series 3 & series 4

sausagefingers
    Free Member

aaarrgh,more conflicting reports on when to watch razor.after series 3 before series 4 or after the captains hand episode which i have just watched 8O.bollox,i’m just gonna watch it and get on with it

organic355
    Free Member

and when do you watch ‘The Plan”?

organic355
    Free Member

I can see one of these being purchased soon too!

sausagefingers
    Free Member

i’m almost afraid to ask,but what’s ‘the plan’?

johnners
    Free Member

Watch “Razor” any time after “Resurrection Ship Pt 2” (in S2). That’s not when it was broadcast but it’s outside the main story arc. Watch it any sooner and it’s got spoilers for S2.

Watch “The Plan” at the end of S4, but only if you’re desperate. It’s pants.

kimbers

these posters look good too

john_drummer
    Free Member

never.

it’s just bits of the previous series all cut & pasted together to tell the story from thy Cylon point of view. Nothing new at all in this episode

john_drummer
    Free Member

I may have been wrong about Razor. It’s ok.

Basically, watch it any time after Pegasus appears; on the other hand, you don’t have to watch it to get anything out of the rest of the series, it doesn’t really give anything new to the ongoing story

CountZero

Razor explains certain ‘issues’ between the captains of certain ships. Caprica could have been good, but it seemed to be dominated by a whiney little brat, who should have been repeatedly slapped about the face. It just got too irritating to watch.

Torminalis
    Free Member

The problem with Caprica was that everyone wanted to see a robot death fest and all we got was a drawn out teen drama and some unimpressive gangsters.

Blood and chrome is being made I think which is set in the first cylon war and it sounds like it has a suitable amount of frenzied robot killing.

DickBarton

So does that mean it is set when Adama wur a young lad in the first war?

I liked it but found the second last series dragged a bit…last series seemed to get much better, but I’m afraid I’d kind of guessed the ending…not the finer details but the outcomes for the main characters.

Actually might not have been the second last series – might have been last but the first 8 episodes or so…

speaker2animals

I gave up on Caprica as said, it just didn’t really seem to be going anywhere. Plus I just couldn’t accept the time scale. There just didn’t seem to be enough time between the first steps in Caprica and how many years later the final events of BSG occur. Bit sad I know but there needs to be internal consistency. For me though BSG has been the major TV Sci Fi (and in some respects just TV fiction) of the last 10 years. And I haven’t even seen season “5” yet.

Irish_AL
    Free Member

so who wants to know what happens in the end? 😀

organic355
    Free Member

I am near the end of series 3, after a few filler episodes its getting good again!!

Hybrids do become important in series 5

aren’t there only 4 series?

beamers

We got the box set of the entire series for Christmas and have just finished what felt like a never ending view-a-thon of BSG in order to finish it off.

I have to say I was pretty confused most of the way through it but but the same token thought it was absolutely brilliant and much better than most of the stuff on TV these days.

headfirst
    Free Member

organic355 – Member
    aren’t there only 4 series?

Series 4 was split into two series in my boxset, so there were five series effectively.
    Anyway you’ll know when you’ve definitely got to the end of it all when Gaius….oh no, I better leave it there…. 😉

richmtb

I frackin loved BSG

I watched it once myself then convinced the wife (who hates sci-fi to give it a go so watched it again) So I’ve watched it through from start to finish twice

I’m rewatching it on Sky Atlantic now as well

In answer to the OP.

The hybrids are half organic half machine (in essence they are the basestar) Being plugged into such a vast machine that straddles space and time means they don’t perceive events in a linear fashion so they communicate in giberrish. Some members of the cylon race have given them pseudo religious significance whereas other just think what they say is meaningless.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Battlestar Gallactica Fans – help I am confused, (Possible spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.