Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bad back cures?
  • Blower
    Free Member

Mi back went yesterday lifting by miself
    Can’t Wallk or move much today
    Do I rest or keep moving and exercise it?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Keep moving, take ibuprofen

ruscle
    Free Member

keep moving and pain killers. Normally caused by the muscles tightening around the discs to protect them. over time the muscles will relax again.

Blower
    Free Member

ride mi bike then? 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Riding sometimes does me world of good, other times it’s a world of pain. Only one way to find out!

If you have any voltorol (diclofenac) pills or gel kicking around then give that a go. I find diazepam also does the job nicely, in case you happen to have a stash of valium too.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What TJ said.

Blower
    Free Member

i do happen to have some valium’s kicking about 8)
    ive had ibroprufen 600,deep heat rub on,and wheat bag.

think i will try ride tomorow for my usual crimbo ride see how i go.

cheers.

Klunk
    Free Member

swimming pool, take gravity out of the equation for a bit. Not sure on the deep heat though, something in the back of my mind says it’s not a good idea for bad back, I could be wrong and I usually am.

markenduro
    Free Member

Get some proper medical advice (not that STW is ever short of decent well meaning people with advice but it is difficult to diagnose correctly without seeing it).
    I trapped a nerve in mine last Saturday and have been in absolute agony for most of the week, on a combination of diazepan, cocodemol and naxopren anti-inflammatory tablets. Just back to being able to walk on my back legs again, albeit slowly. The muscles in my back had tensed up to the point where I could hardly move and it is not nice, although the diazepan gives you some fairly weird dreams. My back now feels like it is severely bruised and is fairly stiff, trying to get myself moving again so have come off the pills and will walk to the pub shortly…
    Next week I will mostly be going to see an osteopath to see what can be done to lessen the chances of re-occurrence.

nealglover
    Free Member

I was told to use ice rather than heat in the first couple of days. And it always seems to work for me.

(it wasn’t professional advice, so you might want to check it first ?)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Those heat pads that you can get in Boots are excellent and miles better than pain killers.

Some can go direct against the skin and some can’t – and if it is lower back then there is one shaped for that which wraps round onto a velcro fastening – highly recommended.

69er
    Free Member

What works for me;

Ibuprofen, ice, warm, keep moving (walking, gentle swimming) until you feel it getting tired, rest by laying down, possibly knees up, mobilise, don’t sit, don’t drive, stay inline, relax, massage.

When it’s all over work on CORE-STRENGTH and FLEXIBILTY!

Blower
    Free Member

tired the singlepseed this moring
    think ive **** it 😯 ahh well merry fookin xmas think i’ll just get wasted

hugor
    Free Member

It will get better no matter what you do.
    Take neurofen and get wasted.
    You shouldn’t be riding on Xmas.
    I barely got 200 yards before crashing.
    I took it as a sign from above. The missus was right but I’m not telling her.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Go for a long ride on the top deck of a double-decker bus, my mate used to swear by that.

brooess
    Free Member

When you’ve recovered, get some core strength exercises from a sports physio so it doesn’t happen again…

stratobiker
    Free Member

A stiff shag..given or got.. is wot u need!!! Merry Crimbo!!!

DrP

Next week I will mostly be going to see an osteopath to see what can be done to lessen the chances of re-occurrence.

Them taking all your money – leaving you none to enjoy the activities that could damage your back? (sorry for the cynicism!)

If there’s no red flag symptoms (bum numbness, difficulty peeing being the key) then pain killers, benzos, and keeping moving are the treatments of choice…

DrP

hugor
    Free Member

Agree with DrP. And a touch of HTFU Australian style.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y[/video]

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bad back cures?’ is closed to new replies.