Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Back Garden Trampolines – do I need one?
  • dirksdiggler
    Free Member

We’ve been advised to avoid the spring free system as the platform effectively rotates under compression and can cause knee injury.

twistedpencil

I’ve just sunk one into our lawn, no need for the net now and it looks great. Though digging out the pit was a fair bit of graft.
    Kids and parents love it.
    Top tip about the chalk, will have to get some.

mudshark
    Free Member

How big is this pit? I got fed up digging a hole for my green cone food digester thing.

Would have thought a net still sensible though.

twistedpencil

3m diameter, about 700mm deep, slightly raised mound around the outside, the wife says it looks like something from the Teletubbies!

There is still a risk of injury, however the jumping surface is now level with the grass surroundings. The netting would mean no running jumps and no ideas of clearing the trampoline on the BMX, suspect my son will beat me to this feat 😉

As there are plenty of trees to fall out of in the garden we think the lack of netting is a minimal risk given the amount of fun it has provided, it’s reduced the tree climbing time as well.

wombat

3m diameter, about 700mm deep

No need for all that work, all you need is a post hole borer and to sink each leg of the trampoline into the ground until the rim sits on the surface.

That’s what I did….it had the added bonus that once I’d finished making it into a safe environment we didn’t get all the neighbours’ children playing on it any more 😉

twistedpencil

Nice and firm that option Wombat, surely you earned money from Harry Hill with the confused expressions of the kids…

mudshark
    Free Member

3m diameter, about 700mm deep

Good job!

No need for all that work, all you need is a post hole borer and to sink each leg of the trampoline into the ground until the rim sits on the surface.

Well surely you need quite a large gap underneath as the surface of the trampolene must come down quite a bit when jumped on?!

wombat

When we decided to get a bigger trampoline I did away with the digging entirely by simply attaching the disc of mesh directly to the lawn with tent pegs through the metal loops…don’t think anyone noticed 8)

twistedpencil – Member

Nice and firm that option Wombat, surely you earned money from Harry Hill with the confused expressions of the kids…

The upgrade was financed entirely by Mr Hill’s excellent programme

wwaswas

Well surely you need quite a large gap underneath as the surface of the trampolene must come down quite a bit when jumped on?!

*whooosh*

wombat

wwaswas – Member

*whooosh*

Beat me to it…

mudshark
    Free Member

thought I was missing something clever, never mind…

wwaswas

thought I was missing something clever

this is stw, lower your expectations 🙂

twistedpencil

Unfortunately the digging is required for a functional trampoline at ground level, don’t forget vent pipe to allow the air to escape during use, otherwise the padding tries to take off…

wombat

don’t forget vent pipe to allow the air to escape during use,

The chap next door forgot about this, his greenhouse nearly exploded with the back pressure, fortunately for him he got away with just a couple of cracked panes….lucky the door was open and this allowed the pressures to equalise without serious damage

EDIT Although it was very funny watching all the worms and moles being fired into the air out of their tunnels when “Large Mavis” from number 37 had a go on it 😆

themightysimmonite
    Free Member

If anyone wants a 10′ TP trampoline FREE gratis you are welcome to it. Our kids have gone and I’ve put a greenhouse for Mrs TMS in its place.
    Good condition, no net or pads but these asre widely available.
    Collect from Edinburgh or arrange your own courier.

TMS

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Back Garden Trampolines – do I need one?’ is closed to new replies.