Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Ay Up Lights – CS not responding?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Anyone had any issues with CS not responding to emails? Sent one 5 days ago to the enquires@ address and nothing? Sent another today to the sales to query@ but anyone else having trouble or maybe my mail is going into spam? If I get no reply again I think I'm going to jump ship – needed a replacement head unit that I lost 1 week ago 🙁

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I've never had a reply to several emails i sent to them….

ac282

They took a few days but I got replies to a few questions in september.

29erKeith
    Free Member

I sent them a Warranty request via the website and didn't get a response either
    apparently they had send one same day but it didn't get through somehow!?!?!
    their sebsiquent emails did though

BlingBling
    Free Member

I've sent them mails in the past and always had a reply within 24 hours.

None recently though.

DezB
    Free Member

I asked about discounts with the bulk buy and got a response about 48hrs later. Response came from query@ayup-lights.com, maybe try that address direct.

foxyrider
    Free Member

yup tried that this morning so we shall see? Thanks guys – was just worried they were no more?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Yep – I sent an email to query@ last night and got a reply this morning. Not a great reply though – I only want two gheko mounts and a pair of saxon caps (total cost £19) and it's going to cost me £12 (!) in postage and another £17.25 'customs clearance fee'. Hardly great after-sales service after I bought two sets of lights from the UK office last year.

Clink

I had a warranty issue (about 6 months ago) but out of the warranty period and they sorted it all out and received 2 new batteries at no cost.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Does anybody know why they junked the UK side of things ?

I could understand if they were doing a crap job but they were excellent when i ordered off them last year.

devs
    Free Member

I have heard a rumour that there may well be a new UK distributor soon so it might be worth hanging on for new purchases.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Where'd you hear that DeVs?

DezB
    Free Member

crispedwheel – Member
    Yep – I sent an email to query@ last night and got a reply this morning. Not a great reply though – I only want two gheko mounts and a pair of saxon caps (total cost £19) and it's going to cost me £12 (!) in postage and another £17.25 'customs clearance fee'. Hardly great after-sales service after I bought two sets of lights from the UK office last year

Sorry to say, but your message pleases me! See if you can arrange another group-buy of spares?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

🙂 @DezB. Yeah, that reply didn't really please me this morning! Even though these are nice to haves/improvements type accessories, and i can still use the lights without them (although not getting the saxon caps means i can't use my helmet light as a rear light for commuting, like I'd planned), it did get me thinking that i'd be screwed if I lost a mounting band (cost £1). Have you already placed that group-buy order that you were planning a few weeks back then? If not, can i come in with this spares order please?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I'd be in with another group order? Anyone wanna set it up 😉

spooky_b329

DezB's order has been completed, but I ordered two Gheko mounts and two pairs of Saxon caps and it came in at £25.01 including duty and postage from Dez to me.

Probably worth trying another group buy, Dez had loads of interest so there are sure to be more that missed it.

I believe Ay Up stopped distributing in the UK due to the exchange rate making their lights uncompetitive.

BlingBling
    Free Member

I'm in if there's a group buy.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I emailed DezB to see if we could do another one….. But I understand if he doesn't coz he's got his purchase now. I wonder if its easy to get the money off people/hassle factor to set up?

DezB
    Free Member

I'd be like a UK distributor with no percentage cut if I did it all again!

(by the way, if you do it Excel 2007 is your friend!)

spooky_b329

Foxy, I'd have thought from the duty/postage Dez was charged, it should be pretty easy to charge the full amount up front, then refund any overpayments via cheque when you send out the goods.

Anyone that hasn't paid by a set deadline misses the order.

devs
    Free Member

Where'd you hear that DeVs?

I dunno if it's meant to be a secret so I won't say any more but someone in Scotland is looking into the possibility just now.

langy
    Free Member

crispedwheel – I'm happy to go middle man for you and send it under plain cover to the UK to get around customs for you; that is a silly charge for less than 20 quid of stuff. postage should only be a few dollars, but they do the insure etc hence it's $12 i guess.

let me know.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Replied yesterday 🙂 Ay-up also said he replied to my original mail but I never received it 😯

They also said there is an Xmas sale on in about a week – 10 days time so to keep an eye on the UK part of the website!

PaulB
    Free Member

Hi,

There was a vehicle at the Mallory Park Cyclo Cross National Trophy 2 weeks ago that had Ay Up Lights plastered on the sides of it, plus there were free wrist bands for competitors with Ay Up Lights advertised on them. I don't know who it was though.

Paul.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Ay Up Lights – CS not responding?’ is closed to new replies.