Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Avid Elixir no pressure
  • danonthehill
    Free Member

I have never had disc brakes before, so I didn’t know what I was doing, when I pressed down the lever fully with the bolts too loosened. A small drop of fluid landed on the floor, and now there is no pressure in the brake. I tried resetting the pistons, but they appear flush and still no pressure. What is the problem here? Thanks.

swingbing
    Free Member

I’d say rebleed them again, beginning at the beginning.

danonthehill
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ve just ordered a bleed kit. Anything else I can try in the meantime?

swingbing
    Free Member

V brakes?! Afraid not.

Use the time to watch the how to video on the Sram website, maybe the one on pinkbike too and get your head around how its done.

One little piece of advise. When bleeding the lever be very gentle, its very easy to pull air past the lever seals.

Goodluck.

nealy
    Free Member
    danonthehill
    Free Member

Thanks. What actually occurred when I pulled the lever? Did it allow air into the system?

swingbing
    Free Member

You squeezed some fluid out when you pulled the lever, when you let the lever out again you sucked some air in. Simples.

danonthehill
    Free Member

Got it. Thanks.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

When bleeding the rear I found it helps to either remove brake from bike or tilt bike in a stand to get a good fall from the lever to the calipper – gravity is your friend

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Avid Elixir no pressure’ is closed to new replies.