Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Atera Strada 4 bike carrier. It will get easier right?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Wisely decided on a dummy run with the new bike carrier before using it in earnest.

Two **** hours it took to get the right order and direction for the bikes. Plus raising and dropping saddles to fit with handlebars.

And yes, the wind chill today is noticeable!

Stoner
    Free Member

Couple of practice runs needed. I can now load and lock 4 bikes in <15 mins

MoreCashThanDash

Doing it for real tomorrow…..

kcal

yep. though mine has the bar for 4 I’ve only ever been brave enough for 3.

Its a Krypton Factor test right enough. Bars, pedals, seats – all just seem to get in the way at the wrong point. Not sure if it was easier with kids bikes or harder. Mines a Strada V1 – was really hard to hold and thread the arms through, I think there have been various improvements since that one..

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Yes gets easier! If you are using the same bikes each time you’ll soon have a pre determined order to put them on and have all the sliders positioned in the right places to save time!

As an additional question – those of you who have an extra ‘extension’ to carry the 3rd or 4th bike how sturdy is it? Easy to fit/removed?

scotroutes

It gets easier – especially if you are mounting the same bikes every time.

My issue is that (professionally) I end up with different bikes all the time. I find that twisting the bars (so they are inline with the frame) makes things a lot easier. Also, watch for Q/R’s and axles marking suspension forks. A few bits of pipe lagging and some zip-ties usually does the trick here.

Stoner
    Free Member

And not forgetting you can slide the wheel guides left and right to offset qrs and forks

MoreCashThanDash

The fourth bike extension was relatively easy to fit, apart from one bolt that is intended to fit behind the tilt/slide button that doesn’t fit in the gap. Unless you accidentally discover that the button is in an easily removable/replaceable plastic cover that then gives you the room you need….

It is rock solid when bolted on. Given the bolt issue, I’d not bother taking it off again tbh.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Atera Strada 4 bike carrier. It will get easier right?’ is closed to new replies.