Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Aston Hill Bike Park any good?
  • Schmey
    Free Member

Anyone ride here and can report?
    Is there somewhere nearby to hire bikes?
    Cheers
    Schmey

Colin-T

Some nice DH tracks, the XC is OK but why you’d pay to ride it is a bit of a conundrum.

No idea where to hire bikes near there though.

lucien

Good if you like DH, and it’s dry…..

Bike hire…………..doubt it

Have a look on the Aston Hill Website Linky Link Link

xiphon
    Free Member

It’s good for a day or so. Can’t think of anywhere you could hire a bike, let alone one I’d take around the Hill!

curtisthecat
    Free Member

As above, if you are into DH it is ok for a day or two. I wouldn’t bother with the XC as there is much better and cheaper riding just up the road around Wendover. Above all don’t bother if there is even a hint of rain as it gets very slippy.

Schmey
    Free Member

Thanks all.
    Think I will give it a miss.
    Appreciated
    Schmey

br
    Free Member

Buckingham Bikes in Aylesbury hire bikes.

But tbh you only want to go to Aston Hill if you want to DH, if its XC then there are dozens of trails within a spit.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with the XC as there is much better and cheaper riding just up the road around Wendover.

Depends what you define as ‘better’, really. Easier? More abundant? Illegal? Yes, all available in Wendover. But for a legal, challenging (both physically and technically) 5 miles of riding on an XC bike, the Hill is difficult to beat in the home counties north of London.

Whack it in as part of a loop or ride the XC then play on the DH runs – there’s plenty to do. However, if you want to mile munch on your SS 29er then probably best head elsewhere.

grunty
    Free Member

if you want XC riding come out with the Aylesbury CC on the first sunday of the month.

tony24
    Free Member

you want xc ride epping forest with acres of singletrack. aston hill xc route is very dull imo.

i rode the black then cycled back up to the top. much more interesting than the xc route.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

aston hill xc route is very dull imo.

Compared to Epping? Seriously? 😐

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Aston Hill Bike Park any good?’ is closed to new replies.