Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Asteroid 2012 DA14
  • unklehomered
    Free Member

Does anyone know which way we should look? Will it be on Google sky?

carloz
    Free Member

Presuming you’re in the UK then Eastwards from 20:00 I think

Kevevs
    Free Member

Incommming! If I’m going to get wiped out by an asteroid I want it to be called the SuperBastardBlastoramaTwat or something not bloody 2012 DA14, how boring!These space-geeks don’t have give them tedious names.

johndoh
    Free Member

😆

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I think it said look near the North East horizon through a pair of binocs 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

What kind of angle upwards, there’s a bloody gurt hill East of us?
    I’d like to look the instrument of my destruction square in the eyes.
    They have said it will miss us to stop us panicking – anyone seen CMD this past 24 hours?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Oh god I just realised I utterly miss named this thread should be – “Asteroid 2012 DA14 Will I Die?”

I am so embarrassed…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

What tyres for climbing impact crater walls?

Kevevs
    Free Member

Have you not seen one Hollywood disaster movie? these things usually come with a preemptive warning that everyone ignores. It spat bits at Russia earlier. hhm? eh?.. just saying..

JulianA
    Free Member

OK, so this one’s not particularly close in Earth terms (but very close in cosmological terms).

What I want to know is how close an object could get and NOT hit the Earth? I guess it depends on the size of the object…?

butcher

According to the local news, you need to be looking in the direction of the Plough, at about 9.30. With binoculars…

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

I think the advice is to look east, should be about 30 degrees above the horizon by 2030

http://bayfordbury.herts.ac.uk/files/2012DA14-path.pdf shows the path of the asteroid, should pass through the plough at around 2130. You’ll need binoculars or a telescope apparently. And clear skies, obviously.

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

Anyone seen it? Have just spent 10 mins staring at a variety of indistinct blobs through binoculars in the area of thesky where it’s supposed to be, whilst worrying about being arrested as a peeping tom. Gave up and bought some beer from the offie and went home.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

can’t see it,…but there is a full moon in the back bedroom of number 67…

birky
    Free Member

Anyone seen it? Have just spent 10 mins staring at a variety of indistinct blobs through binoculars in the area of thesky where it’s supposed to be, whilst worrying about being arrested as a peeping tom.

Same here. Seems it’s a fine line between stargazing and standing about in your garden at night like a spare prick 😕

CountZero

Didn’t bother, lots of cloud to the east when it was supposed to be visible. Bloody typical! 🙁

mudmonster
    Free Member

26 v 29?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Asteroid 2012 DA14’ is closed to new replies.