Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Assos or Udderly SMOOth for minty arse lard
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

As above really. Not a users normally but thought it might help me and the Mrs in the Alps if we're out all day every day.

crikey
    Free Member

Assos and/or Nivea face cream stuff. Basically anything greasy and easy to wash off; Vaseline is too hard to get out of clothes, and sudocrem is for babies.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I found Udderly just as good and you get about twice as much for the same price

stevomcd
    Free Member

I wouldn't bother personally. I ride all day, every day all summer and I've never touched the stuff!

In any case, your bum shouldn't be anywhere near the saddle in the Alps! 😈

Onzadog
    Free Member

Stevomcd, I'm not going to ride up them bloody things standing!

beej

Switched recently from Assos to Udderly. Udderly just as good (for me), and better value. Prefer the consistency of Assos, but it's not the same since they changed the recipe, made it less minty and with a blue tinge!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I ride all day, every day all summer and I've never touched the stuff!

there are differences in anatomy and saddles…

crikey
    Free Member

I could be wrong, but I suspect the blue-ness is to replace the yellow-ness of old Assos creme. Not important to knuckle dragging baggy wearers, but given the preponderance of white lycra shorts for roadies, that yellow tinge around the drip-tray on a chamois was not a good look…

littlebear
    Free Member

I have been using Elite Ozone… for endurance racing ever since i was dubbed Baboon at Bristol bike fest, back in 2007. I will never make that mistake again, prevention is better than cure 😆

Edit: frack, im glad it was a present, its the most expensive 😯

ourmaninthenorth

Elite Ozone for me. I seem to be racing through the stuff these days….

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thank you all. The Mrs has chosen the udderly. Must be because it has pictures of moo cows on the packet!

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Sorry but I’m getting visions of multiple application – is this wrong

crikey
    Free Member

You slap it on on your perineum and around your testicles, plus a bit above the old chap, before you ride. It works by allowing a bit of lubrication between your padded shorts and your skin, and helps later in the day when you've been sweating to prevent the chafing that comes from salt crystals that occur as your sweat dries out.

Slap it on and chafing around your wizard becomes a distant memory.

I imagine that ladies suffer a bit more from these kind of problems because it's all a bit more complex and mucous membrane-ey down there.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Used Assos before, which worked OK. But use Udderly Smooth these days and personally I find it better.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Assos or Udderly SMOOth for minty arse lard’ is closed to new replies.