• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by juan.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • ASK the restaurant?
  • tails
    Free Member

Do you pronounce it ASK or A.S.K?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

ASK. Had one of the worst meals in my life at the one in York a few weeks back.

tails
    Free Member

I'm not bothered about the food but thanks for the correct answer as I'm having n argument at work. 😆 Most UK pizza places are average compared to the continent.

aP
    Free Member

I've not been to Ask this century, must try Franco Manca tomorrow lunchtime.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Most UK pizza places are average compared to the continent.

So they are all approximately the same as those on the continent?

thomthumb
    Free Member

know most of the staff in my local (mates i'm not a regular!!) and they say A S K

i say ASK to everyone else cos they give me funny looks.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Had one of the folded over type pizzas in the York branch and it was stone cold in the middle
    When I complained the manager did say I wouldn't be charged for it, how very decent of them

In the Cambridge branch they ran short of a few toppings and started being very sparing with the allocations

So not very impressed at all with this lot no matter how you pronounce it

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

thomthumb are you from the West Country if people give you funny looks for speaking properly?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

It's a lot better than the likes of Pizza Hut!

I love the way people proudly proclaim how places like ASK and Pizza Express are nothing like "proper" pizzas. The hint is "hey, I'm well travelled and regularly eat pizzas in small villages in Southern Italy."

Who cares?

They aren't bad even to someone who's been to many "proper" pizza places in the back of beyond in Italy.

thepublican
    Free Member

its a play on Adam and Samuel Kaye who are the founders/owners, so yes it is pronounced A.S.K. I used to work for them….

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

They should pull full stops between each letter then. Until then its just the word 'ask' but in capitals. Bloody poncy pizza places – Pizza Hut is the way to go with mountains of stuff on top, stuffed crust, yadda yadda…

Jamie
    Free Member

Well la de friggin' da!

duntmatter
    Free Member

But is it ask or arsk?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Same could be said for 99% of the restaurants.

Passed through some godforsaken place in Poland, the food in the local "hotel" was better than a lot of places I've eaten in the UK.

Personaly I think anyone who eats at Pizza Express is the bad kind of middle class whether they like to loudly complain about it not being a patch on the local pizzeria in the village where they have their C16 farmouse in the Tuscan hills.

:p

njee20
    Free Member

Until then its just the word 'ask' but in capitals

What about the AA? BR? UAE? USA? BBC?

I did once phone and ask them, when embroiled in a similar debate, they were slightly bemused. I always used to say 'ask' but actually now say 'A-S-K', crazy.

MrNutt
    Free Member

ASS

tails
    Free Member

Well la de friggin' da!

Calm yourself keyboard warrior

PikeBN14
    Free Member

They P me off because you pay through the nose for drinks!

thomthumb
    Free Member

i am informed by a yoof that actually it is aks.

we are all wrong!

juan
    Free Member

Well I only went once, and it was ok. At least not worst than the poncy italian restaurant on the corner of commercial street (where only us continental found the food not great), just a lot cheaper.

Alas it's getting harder to find nice places in the continent too 🙁

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ASK the restaurant?’ is closed to new replies.