Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • As bad a review as I've seen
  • honourablegeorge

Shame… wanted these to be good.Hope they turn it around.

https://nsmb.com/articles/box-one-drivetrain-bike-park-tested/

Rorschach
    Free Member

My favorite was the Singletrack review of a Marin Fs a few years ago that basically said “uphill,downhill or just riding along.We would rather be on a hardtail”.I think ATB Sales tried to sue them.

Poopscoop

Oh….. was thinking “well, not great but might be ok” till I scrolled down to the last pic…. ouch.

Northwind

The thing is, even when it’s not disintegrating what’s it actually supposed to do that SRAM aren’t already doing better? Why does it cost £95 for the cassette when it’s a £45 sunrace cassette with a different logo on it?

This is the worst review I’ve ever seen. Not because it’s negative, but because it’s insane.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/product/review-on-one-carbon-456-x9-12-46042/

mattyfez

Best review I’ve ever seen is on some steak knives I’ve just bought.

“too pointy, potentially dangerous”.

DanW
    Free Member

It’s not an awful review. The mech had play then broke and there was no comment from the manufacturer to gove any context or balance. If it were a turquoise frame that cracked during a review or an enviable set of super expensive carbon rims then all would have been ok as it would have been a one off or pre-production sample 😉 Wouldn’t put me off Box if I were in the market as I think most people who noticed a lot of play would send it back rather than ride on and it doesn’t seem to slow the Polygon team down

chiefgrooveguru

I don’t understand the ergonomic benefit of their shifter – it just seems different for difference’s sake!

ratherbeintobago

Does anyone else find that NSMB page won’t stay loaded and keeps crashing and reloading?

Stiggy

Yup, gave up.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Thought the STW review was also bad, and slightly sceptical that the issues were being put down to a ‘pre-production’ item. It’s an expensive mech and why would you give it to the press?

STW box review

DanW
    Free Member

It’s the standard excuse if a part fails in a review 😉

hols2
    Free Member

At least they tried to like the Box stuff. I’d like to see the MTB equivalent of Billy Joel reviews.

Daffy

The review says that spokes were broken and swing arms chewed, but, and unless I’m going blind, the damage appears to be just the mech and chain?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Worst review I ever read was for one of the Transformers films in the Metro which criticised it for having too many robots fighting each other.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Yep, page kept crashing.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Not bike related, but if you want to read bad reviews check out the reviews for the new Emoji movie – it actually made people angry it was so bad.

wynne
    Free Member

Singletrack did a polite but ultimately damning review of some magnetic pedals a while back that made me chuckle.

Our holiday cottages in fairly remote North Wales sometimes get marked down in reviews for not being near the shops… Sigh.

benpinnick

The review says that spokes were broken and swing arms chewed, but, and unless I’m going blind, the damage appears to be just the mech and chain?

You are going blind. I think the spoke thats at about 10 oclock jammed between maybe 4 & 5 cogs on the cassette probably isn’t meant to be like that 🙂

woodster

Not bike related, but if you want to read bad reviews check out the reviews for the new Emoji movie – it actually made people angry it was so bad.

I feel most of us could’ve predicted that one.

If that Box review is a bad one it just goes to show how ridiculous the MTB media is these days, it seemed very fair considering.

honourablegeorge

I meant bad from the manufacturers POV. reviewer was pretty fair

slowoldman

I don’t understand the ergonomic benefit of their shifter – it just seems different for difference’s sake!

Isn’t it a patent thing that means you can’t use the same system as the others?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘As bad a review as I've seen’ is closed to new replies.