Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Army Enduro "Are You Tough Enough" 09 ?
  • shortcut

pants – i suggest you ask PP if you want the full story. He seems to know what is going on. PP for Supreme Emperor of Everything is what I say! 😀

coopersport1
    Free Member

Course is fast fast fast, singletrack heaven! can’t wait after the pre-ride today. Entries still availble as well!

njee20
    Free Member

Hopefully some of the dust has gone from Tuesday, I’ve broken out the Furious Freds, that should ensure some rain!

Jason
    Free Member

It is still very dusty up there. What tyres for dust???

The last descent into ‘Valley of Doom’ which I hear caused a few offs on Tuesday, has had a lot of the gravel cleared away so is now much easier.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes it was interesting on Tuesday to say the least!

singletrackmind

No, I’m clearly not.

I think I came last. Did 5 laps in my cat ( 40+ 4 hour) and binned it on every single one. I just could not get the front end to bite , using Speedkings. Very very sweet course with almost a perfect mix of singletrack and fireroad to allow drinking and eating time.
    Got dust everywhere now, and everything hurts.
    hmmmm chicken kebab

offthebrakes
    Free Member

That was certainly a tough course!

As with last year, it could have done with some rain in the weeks before to stop it from getting too loose and sandy, but that’s a minor complaint after so many washed-out enduros in the last 2 years 🙂

njee hope your knee is ok – that’s the first time I’ve overtaken you in a race and very probably the last…

Thanks Pants and all the others for making it happen 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

i raced with a mega hangover, not the best cure i can tell you, was dehydrated before i even started (yup that was me starting 10 mins after the 2hr solo start 🙂 ) had a banging headache half way through too, atleast i wasnt bothered about my legs…

maxxis monrails were excellent in thoose conditions, straight through the sand no bother, not a single off but had 2x slow punctures.. had c02 topup on the tubeless setup. had a few i cant stop intime moments with people walking downhill
    saw a few off’s and a loads of walking wounded at the end 🙂

excellent course better than last year and fooooood! which was much needed and real nice to crash out at the end in the sun to see the prize giving and see if you got lucky and won a prize, which i didnt and nor did about 4 others who shot off early, looked like some good prizes too
    well done and thanks to the organisers

griffin
    Free Member

Excellent event. Lovely trails, well organised, good vibe. See you next year! Or… did I hear someone mention an autumn event?

Very eclectic selection on the iPod that was feeding the speakers! I thought the choral music shortly before prize-giving lent an additional air of class to the event. Let’s have more classical music at MTB races!

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, great that course, top marks to all the course designer chaps. oh, and apologies to PP and the others I told I’d done 6 laps – I think I was hallucinating! At one point I’m sure I saw 2 young girls wearing bunny ears cheering me on..
    😯
    My legs are killing me today.. will 5-a-side at lunchtime help, or hinder my recovery? hmm..

DezB
    Free Member

Stop press! Just noticed results are up.
    Rob, you DIDN’T come last. (although you are now called Ro)

http://timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EventReport.aspx?eventID=71Deepcut05/07/2009

njee20
    Free Member

The knee’s good an swollen cheers! It’s just bruised I think, but it’s certainly rather stiff! Found a massive graze on my arse as soon as I got into the shower too, lovely!

Good fun though, I’m quite pleased with my 7th, despite not actually finishing!

I think I may go back to XC racing though, it’s all over much quicker 😉

shortcut

I had fun, sort of, if you can call racing fun. My first enduro finish in erm probably 8 years, 6 laps in 6 hours, could have done 7 but the temptation to loiter for 20 minutes got the better of me!

Great race, great course and just a bit dusty!

So – where are all the photos gonna be?

Good job on organising Pants and on making it all work well Trolls. And an excellent job done by all who raced or otherwise contributed to a fun day out.

Cheers

SC.

pants
    Free Member

AYTE Photos

Glad you all enjoyed it photos will be up soon at

dobo
    Free Member

Thanks for the pics, does anyone know if theres any video of the course, a friends wants to know what it was like…

jay_tht
    Free Member

Dobo I have a couple clips of the phone need to load them up on photobucket later there not that great but might give a small idea..

Well done all who raced you all did a great. 🙂

Jay

dobo
    Free Member

cheers jay, its hard to explain the terrain to a non biker, i’m sure they think its like riding canal paths or something..

bionicwoman
    Free Member

storming effort guys, and well done to pants for a great event

pants
    Free Member

Watch this space for the series!!!!!!! dates and venues sorted! 😀

shortcut

Ooooh. A series. Sounds interesting. Tell us more Capt'n Pants.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Pants A series is what we need!!

even a wednesday evening/sport's afternoons (beastway style)

Shaun 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Army Enduro "Are You Tough Enough" 09 ?’ is closed to new replies.