Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Arguably the greatest game in the world . . .
  • alexxx
    Free Member

The sad fact that none of you are referring to hungry hungry hippos made me very upset

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

Operation? 😉

Bzzzzzzzzz

IanMunro
    Free Member

How can this be forgotten!?

molgrips
    Free Member

Hungry hungry hippos was a miracle of engineering. How they could make something out of cheap plastic SO indestructible that it would withstand the extreme pounding and not break at the first game is quite astonishing.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You are all wrong. The greatest game in the world is Space hulk.

or maybe Talisman

or possibly Battlecars

or uh, Battletech.

So many. Jeez.

alexxx
    Free Member

damn right molgrips, i wish my bike was made as strong as those lil basts, its a miracle

TooTall
    Free Member

South African football fan posting on a cycling forum.

Odd?

What bike do you ride – or are you harvesting our e-mail addresses?

trailmonkey

Bafana Bafana are highly unlikely to win the cup, in fact they are highly unlikely to make it through to the second round

I think the chances of FIFA allowing South Africa to be knocked out in round 1 are pretty slim. In fact I'd virtually garuantee an African side in the last 8 at least – Remember South Korea's good fortune with the refs in 2002 ?

Just hope it's not us who have to play against the opposition and FIFA at the same time.

nicko74

Lost Valley of the Dianosaurs!! I used to play that! (at university). Wish I still had hungry hungry hippos though… 🙁

SouthAfrica2010
    Free Member

I'm a football fan 2nd (Actually 3rd – 'cos the Boks rule), a cyclist 1st. Road and MTB. Trek & Specialized.
    Now if you'll just give me those bank details I was asking about . . . .

🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

Fishing is the most popular sport.

If you like barbaric cruelty to animals!

DaRC_L

Hungry Hippo's is only great when played by drunken adults with frozen maltesers…

molgrips
    Free Member

Trailmonkey – you really think it's that bent?

trailmonkey

It doesn't have to be massively bent to make an effect, a booking here an offside there, of course if things are really desperate then the kind of decision that saw Spain suffer against Korea can always be applied.

There will always be cheating at the world cup, how about Argentina wiping away Peru's debt to it in return for a >4 goal victory in 78 ? Or Maradona punching England out in 86 in clear view of the linesman ? No one is ever going to convince me that that was purely a case of myopia.

I don't think that cheating always determines the eventual winners but I'm certain that it goes on.

bassspine
    Free Member

Fishing can be a bit dry to watch.

Depends where you stand.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Arguably the greatest game in the world . . .

You can argue your bollox off, but to me it's inarguably the 2nd most boring after The World 'Watching Paint Dry' competition.
    So I'm not going to argue about it.

bassspine
    Free Member

can anyone tell me the difference between a game and a sport?

uplink
    Free Member

A game is something that you cam comfortably play whilst smoking a pipe

😆

trailmonkey

What, like England playing Scotland then 😉

Spaceman
    Free Member

I'm in the USA with work just now, I've got a hotel booked for the weekend 200yrds from the big screens that are up in Washinton DC for the USA Engerland game. Looking forward to cheering on the USA.

And then Algeria and Slovenia and hopefully no one else!

And it IS the greatest game in the world! Unless you're watching Scotland that is….

wrightyson
    Free Member

Everyone hates the English! I hope we turn the lot of the feckers over and win the pot!!!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I think you're underestimating quite how detested the vuvuzelas are outside SA. There were complaints about them by European broadcasters last year during the Confederations Cup and from many of the teams and coaches participating.

People will simply not watch as much of this World Cup if they have to listen to that infernal **** racket all the way through it. I'm surprised FIFA haven't banned them to keep their corporate partners happy with the viewing figures.

SouthAfrica2010
    Free Member

They are not universally loved here either Stef – believe me.
    At one point FIFA were trying to ban both the vuvuzelas and alchohol from inside the stadia. Whether they were sucessful or not with either I don't know.

I'd have thought FIFA could call the shots to be honest. It's their party after all.

bassspine
    Free Member

uplink – Member

A game is something that you cam comfortably play whilst smoking a pipe

that works for me. Fishing is a game, cricket is a game. Footy is a sport.

midgebait
    Free Member

I vaguely remember reading a late 19th/ early 20th century quote which stated that mountaineering, horse-riding and sailing were all sports, the rest are games. No idea where it came from though?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member
    Does the footie start soon? When is Great Britain's first game?
    I think the first game is Liverpool v Germany.

C'mon you blues!

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Arguably the greatest game in the world . . .’ is closed to new replies.